Bergan Mercy Hospital

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Bergan Mercy Hospital

Post by Brad »

Do we not have a thread anywhere for all the work done and ongoing at Bergan Mercy Hospital?

Photo:
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I haven't heard a thing about Bergan's construction plans.  The place seems ALWAYS under construction....as soon as they finish one plan they're off on the next expensive addition.

It seems like they are adding several floors to the East Wing of the hospital.  Here is a bit of trivia most of you won't know.  The East Wing was constructed to hold 9 floors.  The first 3 floors were built in the late 1970s.  How do I know?  Well, I was on site in 1976 (I think that was the year) when President Gerald Ford came to the hospital to turn the first shovel of the project.  I remember his speech, talking about the "East Tower".  Well, it has been a long time for that "tower" to go higher than 30 feet, but it is nice to see that they are working to add floors.

I know I have a photo of President Ford at the ceremony stashed away in some shoe box somewhere.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

This one seems fairly substantial to warrant a tower crane.  However there is another tower going up on the south west side of the property.
SaOmaha
Library Board

Post by SaOmaha »

I live a few blocks west of Bergen Mercy Medical Center

Yesterday I went to the Alegent Health website for information on the construction at Bergen Mercy.

The About Bergan Mercy Medical Center page:
http://www.alegent.com/body.cfm?id=3915

Have a few paragraphs on hospital expansion plan
In June 2007, Bergan Mercy announced a $107.2 million expansion and enhancement project at Bergan Mercy. The new construction and reconfiguration of existing space will create the facilities needed to deliver the next generation of patient-centered care and build on the legacy of Bergan Mercy providing for the most complex patients in the community.

Among the expansion highlights is the new Bergan Family Life Center which will feature a women's and children's hospital designed to meet the changing dimensions of maternity and infant care, with 16 labor and delivery beds, a new 35 bed post-partum unit, nine ante partum beds for high-risk pregnancies and a new Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with 32 private rooms.

A new Alegent Health Cancer Center will centralize and integrate oncology services on the Bergan Mercy campus and support significant advances in cancer diagnosis, treatment and research. The center will also include an Image Recovery Center to serve a growing community need.

This expansion and enhancement project will also create 84 additional medical/surgical beds and an enlarged Intensive Care Unity with 16 additional beds. Renovations are set to be complete at Bergan Mercy Medical Center in 2010.
The site has a "reprint" of the Omaha World Herald article on the expansion plans:  
http://www.alegent.com/body.cfm?id=7&ac ... il&ref=117

Alegent Health's Bergan Mercy Construction Photo Gallery:
http://www.alegent.com/body.cfm?id=4999
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here are a few photos I took over the Memorial Day Weekend:

SaOmaha
Library Board

Post by SaOmaha »

Saturday, En-route by bus to the "O! What a Duck Race" event at Heartland of American Park,
I took this photo of the Bergan Mercy Medical Center's New South Tower

Alegent Health's Bergan Mercy Construction Photo Gallery:
http://www.alegent.com/body.cfm?id=4999
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

I've been meaning to find the thread for this.

What an IMPRESSIVE addition this is!  It looks like they're practically doubling the size of the hospital.  Has anyone seen a rendering of the finished product?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I was there yesterday - but I didn't see any renderings in the Lobby - but I wasn't really looking for them either.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Bergan Mercy Hospital

Post by iamjacobm »

There was a groundbreaking yesterday for the CUMC med center addition. The article in the paper showed one rendering.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

iamjacobm wrote:There was a groundbreaking yesterday for the CUMC med center addition. The article in the paper showed one rendering.
Here is the rendering:

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Nice sized buildings. Could help the growing skyline around A/V.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Are their definitive plans for the artist formerly known as the CU Hospital?

Greg
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Base of the tower crane is in for the new academic building over by the former Bergan Mercy Professional Buildings. I'd expect this to go vertical shortly.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I just found out I was born at BM, make me proud future campus.
15-17, 26, 32
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Ben wrote:Base of the tower crane is in for the new academic building over by the former Bergan Mercy Professional Buildings. I'd expect this to go vertical shortly.
Tower crane is up!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here is the tower crane at Bergan

SaOmaha
Library Board

Post by SaOmaha »

Monday night, the Loveland Neighborhood Association meets with Omaha City official from Police, Fire & Planning at CHI Health Bergan Mercy Medical Center to answer question about Trauma center there and the Loveland Neighborhood (west of the Hospital)

Also on display at meeting was Drawings of the New Creighton University Ambulatory Clinic Building at Bergan Mercy.

The site plan below, shows this building under construction west of Bergan One & Two Medical Professional Buildings and north of the perking . I learn 2-6 floor of Bergen One will be office for Staff & professor of the Creighton University Medical School. Medical two remain Doctor offices.

Site Plan

This drawing show the Inside of the Connecting Link between Ambulatory Clinic Building (behind you) and Hospital. Bergan One (Creighton U Medical School Office) on right seen thru window

The Concourse of the Ambulatory Clinic Building, Connecting link and Bergan One can be see thru window at left.

Ambulatory Clinic Building. Parking on left, Connecting link on Left (off drawing)

View from 78 street. The new Ambulatory Clinic Building is in front of Former Bergen one Professional Buildings.

South Clinic entry from Mercy Road, The Clinic on Left, Bergen two is ahead behind the link and Bergen two on Right.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Are these buildings going to include the new trauma center, or is that yet to come?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

RNcyanide wrote:Are these buildings going to include the new trauma center, or is that yet to come?
My understanding is that the new trauma center and expanded ICU will be remodel of existing space, not a new addition. The trauma center will be an expansion of the current ED space into the current laboratory space, with the lab relocating to space in one of the newly built buildings.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Okay, thank you.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
SaOmaha
Library Board

Post by SaOmaha »

Yes, CHI Health Bergan Mercy Medical Center will be the New Trauma center, when Creighton University Medical Center near Downtown close in 2017

At Monday night meeting, I did not Photographed the Floor plan drawings showing the expanded ICU, Emergency Department or Conversion of Bergen One Medical Professional Buildings into office for Staff & professor of the Creighton University Medical School.

Also they past out fact sheet on new Trauma Center at Bergan Mercy

MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

15-17, 26, 32
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Noticed today, that the tower crane is gone. Maybe it is one of the ones that is going to be used for the UNO parking garage.
Lillian Bean
Home Owners Association

Post by Lillian Bean »

Link to jobsite camera/webcam: http://oxblue.com/open/jedunn/bacb
Thinking there's not a whole lot to say anymore now that people listen & she has to make sense.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Thanks for posting the cam!
15-17, 26, 32
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

'Exquisite cooperation' is key as CUMC-Bergan Mercy stays open during $140 million construction project
With roughly six weeks to go, work is moving into final phases of a three-part, $140 million expansion, renovation and consolidation project that will see trauma functions — as well as remaining hospital patients and academic medical center operations — move from Creighton University Medical Center at 601 N. 30th St. to Creighton University Medical Center-Bergan Mercy at 75th Street and Mercy Road. The big move will wrap up officially June 9.

CHI plans to turn over the 30th Street hospital to NuStyle Development on July 1. NuStyle plans to convert it to a 731-unit apartment complex called the Landing. The first 200 or so apartments are set to be available around August 2018, according to the developer.
Coyote
City Council

Re: The Landing (NuStyle redevelops St. Joseph's)

Post by Coyote »

Helicopters were practicing at Bergan today.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

The media said they were going to consider nearby residents complaints in regards to flight paths to reduces noise. |expletive| them! saving lives is more important then their decibel comfort.
15-17, 26, 32
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

MTO wrote:The media said they were going to consider nearby residents complaints in regards to flight paths to reduces noise. |expletive| them! saving lives is more important then their decibel comfort.
Well Bergan does have a cemetery on the south & to the west, so I'm guessing that's not where the complaints will come from!
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Coyote wrote:Helicopters were practicing at Bergan today.
I was wondering why helicopters kept flying over Baxter when I was doing Sand in the City.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Coyote wrote:Helicopters were practicing at Bergan today.
Yeah, there were a couple of practice/news promo flights, but the Bergan Trauma center is open for business, as of Friday 7AM. Several of those were real medical transports...