Pflug Road Interchange - Western Sarpy County

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Developer reveals vision for Pflug Road interchange

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... d=10312208
JOE DEJKA WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Officials plan to unveil their vision today for a 438-acre business park at the site of the proposed Pflug Road interchange.

Until now, developer Ted Seldin of Omaha had not shared his plans publicly.

Conceptual plans for the Seven Hills Business Park show an upscale development dotted with ponds and trees, designed to attract a corporate campus similar to ConAgra or Gallup in downtown Omaha.

Seldin Co. President Randy Lenhoff said the company will begin marketing the site after today's announcement.
OWH Image:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Let me know if we have this thread somewhere that I can not find???
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

I don't remember another thread on this.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Or use a project like this to help the outlet malls.

I thought they would use Pflug road for industrial because of all the flat land?
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Post by CapitalGuy »

It should be noted in regards to the sprawlzilla concerns that the rendering include space for a future commuter rail station.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

This actually would give Ashland a booster shot being it is just a few miles away..

The more I think about it, the more I see where this will bridge Ashland and Gretna, I am liking this more now..
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

This is a big steaming pile of Seldin |expletive|.  There is absolutely no need or market for it and the money it will take to create the interchange if far better spent elsewhere.  As for the rail station, nice touch to try and convince people that its not a pile.  Who do you suppose is going to pay for the rail that goes to this one suburban office park?
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

cdub wrote:This is a big steaming pile of Seldin |expletive|.  There is absolutely no need or market for it and the money it will take to create the interchange if far better spent elsewhere.  As for the rail station, nice touch to try and convince people that its not a pile.  Who do you suppose is going to pay for the rail that goes to this one suburban office park?

I see where you are coming from..

Another viewpoint could be that since there is 'never' going to be an end to sprawl, and the city of Omaha has done a TREMENDOUS job in promoting density within the city limits, this is one project I don't mind so much.

The reason for that is it will give SW sarpy, NW Cass, SE Saunders, and NE Lancaster counties access to a business park that may potentially boost the surrounding areas.  The railway is being considered anyway, it would just make an additional stop here..
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Post by CapitalGuy »

It may be one big pile of steamy |expletive|, but it is Seldin's property to develop nonetheless. Also, I believe an interchange was going to go there regardless of Seldin. Pretty sure that is going to be a terminal for a South Bypass or eventual beltway. Of course, taxpayers are going to pay for rail, who else would?
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Gross.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Just what we need to catch up with... well, Des Moines.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
agibson95
Home Owners Association

Post by agibson95 »

Stargazer wrote:Just what we need to catch up with... well, Des Moines.
I would have preferred they challenge themselves with something like Lengends in Kansas City. We spent last weekend there and its a very nice outdoor mall with alot of attractions. Something like that would work between Omaha and Lincoln, because it would attract both cities. If you add an amusement park or something like that it would make it that much more attractive.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

CapitalGuy wrote:It may be one big pile of steamy |expletive|, but it is Seldin's property to develop nonetheless. Also, I believe an interchange was going to go there regardless of Seldin. Pretty sure that is going to be a terminal for a South Bypass or eventual beltway. Of course, taxpayers are going to pay for rail, who else would?
Actually, I believe they had a different location pegged for a south bypass, which is why there's been so much resistance up to this point in looking at it.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Post by CapitalGuy »

That's possible, do you know what location they had in mind?
Choleric
Home Owners Association

Re: Pflug Road Interchange - Western Sarpy County

Post by Choleric »

I think the alternative major interchange in that area they wanted to use federal funds for was at 180th and I-80. At least that is what this whole battle is over IIRC.