Pacific Pointe Shopping Center (204th and Pacific)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

http://www.ketv.com/money/19150855/detail.html
ketv.com wrote:No Frills will be the retail anchor of the Pacific Pointe Shopping Center, a 27-acre development bringing more retail and restaurants.

The intersection of Pacific Street and Highway 31 is blossoming, according to Magnum Development, and a No Frills spokesman said the store's team is "excited' to be part of the community.

"We've been looking at this location for a number of months, even a year or so, and we're glad it was able to come to fruition," said Lonnie Eggers.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

This part of Omaha was ripe for a big grocery store.  I am glad No Frills is the store.  They are well run.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Yeah, I was just saying how under-served western Omaha was with grocery stores, retail, and restaurants.  Plus, with the current economy and particularly the housing market, they couldn't be picking a better time to enter this obviously under-saturated market.
Stable genius.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I'm not against No Frills, but their name is terrible. They might as well just call it Get Your Damn Food, Give Us Our Money, And Leave Super Market.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

Big E wrote:Yeah, I was just saying how under-served western Omaha was with grocery stores, retail, and restaurants.  Plus, with the current economy and particularly the housing market, they couldn't be picking a better time to enter this obviously under-saturated market.
haha

you're like the Obi Wan of sarcasm. :)
Go Cubs Go
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The closest stores are 171st and Center or 156th and Dodge.  However the closest LOCAL store is 156th and Blondo or 144th and Center so this will be good for the area.

I also agree that their name sucks!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:The closest stores are 171st and Center or 156th and Dodge.  However the closest LOCAL store is 156th and Blondo or 144th and Center so this will be good for the area.

By 144th & Center are referring to Hy Vee?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:
Brad wrote:The closest stores are 171st and Center or 156th and Dodge.  However the closest LOCAL store is 156th and Blondo or 144th and Center so this will be good for the area.

Bag and save.  HyVee is regional, not local.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
nebugeater wrote:

Bag and save.  HyVee is regional, not local.
Forgot about Gag and Save.   I was not sure when you mentioned that address and local what you were getting at.

On another note, we do most of that type of shopping at Hyvee @ 180th & Q and there are a surprising number of Elkhorn people buying there.  Both people I recognized as from there and those wearing Elkhorn Gear.  Kind of surprising seeing how there is a surprising on W Maple that would seem more of a fit.
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

It will be interesting to see what pedestrian friendly and environmental improvements this site has.
where the corn meets the concrete
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

This No Frills is moving along too.  They had parking and some walls constructed already.
where the corn meets the concrete
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

No Frills Fresh opens to crowd
John Keenan - Omaha World Herald wrote:The 18th No Frills supermarket, a No Frills Fresh, opened this morning at South 204th and Pacific Streets. The 61,000-square-foot store will employ more than 100 people.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

New Grocery Highlights Elkhorn Growth
WOWT wrote:More than three years after being annexed by the city of Omaha, Elkhorn continues to grow and develop. The latest addition to the area is new full service grocery store. No Frills Fresh at 204th and Pacific opened its door Wednesday morning. Company officials saw Elkhorn as a golden opportunity.

Another sign of growth in the area is the new Elkhorn South High School. It is located just south of the new grocery store and will open this fall. A new fire station is also on the way for the southern portion of the Elkhorn area. Omaha city officials broke ground this afternoon for the new facility near 204th and F.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

windsor wrote:It will be interesting to see what pedestrian friendly and environmental improvements this site has.
I'm guessing that's sarcasm.  I can't see much walkability except down the aisles at No Frills.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

New grocery gets cooking
John Keenan WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Professional chef Robert K. Barr is creating a “Chef's Own” line of foods, including entrees and salads, to be carried in the new store's delicatessen. Barr is the former owner of Omaha's Buffalo Bob's Circle B restaurant and also was executive chef with Guckenheimer, the company that operates the cafeteria at Union Pacific Corp.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

So you suppose we'll see a contiguous string of retail/office/residential linking here and Gretna before the decade is out?
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Stargazer wrote:So you suppose we'll see a contiguous string of retail/office/residential linking here and Gretna before the decade is out?
Between this development and the one to the South on the opposite side of the hwy there is a good chance.  I guess we will know when CVS and Walgreen's stake out there locations.
frank
New to the Neighborhood

Post by frank »

One lot in this development has been sold to Sapp Brothers.  This lot is on the south west corner by the high school.

http://douglasne.mapping-online.com/Dou ... 1934921004

Another lot off the pacific access road is in the process of being sold.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Pacific Pointe Shopping Center (204th and Pacific)

Post by iamjacobm »

3 commercial buildings and an apartment complex going in here. I think Excel PT is going in the commercial part.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Traffic Flow around this area is terrible with just the High School and the No Frills. Perhaps they will do some work to improve things.

Speeds on 204th are going to have to drop a ton if this development continues. Traffic on 204th is moving 50mph to 70mph in front of this development all the time. I hope it doesn't take a bunch of additional deaths to get more stop lights and lower speed limits.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Why would you need more lights? I drive that 204th ten times a week and have never noticed a problem since the school lights were turned on. The speed limit is 55 (Everyone does 55/60 when green) but is actually slower with lights and the reduced speed just north of there.

Yes, they have had one death there that I believe that was a younger male on a motorcycle in the rain.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Re:

Post by bbinks »

I wouldn't even call Bag N Save / No Frills local anymore. When the German family -- forgot their name -- sold B&S and Harold Cooperman sold NF they were no longer local to me. Only located here, yes, but corporate wise, no. Same with Baker's after Abe sold to Flemming.
Louie
County Board

Re: Re:

Post by Louie »

bbinks wrote:

I wouldn't even call Bag N Save / No Frills local anymore. When the German family -- forgot their name -- sold B&S and Harold Cooperman sold NF they were no longer local to me. Only located here, yes, but corporate wise, no. Same with Baker's after Abe sold to Flemming.
Soon enough you won't even be able to call them Bag n Save/No Frills. They'll be switching to Family Fare.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Louie wrote:
bbinks wrote:

Soon enough you won't even be able to call them Bag n Save/No Frills. They'll be switching to Family Fare.
Family Fare has a connotation that I can associate with Family Dollar.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpg
image.jpg (50.12 KiB) Viewed 3461 times
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The Papillion No Frills/Family Fare store is almost completely remodeled. New shopping carts (ditched the yellow ones for smaller black ones), a sushi stand, health foods department, greatly upgraded wine and liquor department (resembling a wine shop), and generally nicer colors and more updated appearance. But I still don't like the new name much better than the old one.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bbinks wrote:

You quoted something from 2009 when it was Local...
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Brad wrote:
bbinks wrote:

You quoted something from 2009 when it was Local...
This is what I meant by there are no local stores anymore.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

iamjacobm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:03 pm 3 commercial buildings and an apartment complex going in here. I think Excel PT is going in the commercial part.
For clarification because I could not locate "Pacific Pointe Apartments", The name now is the Dalmore Apartments https://thedalmoreapartments.com/. 10303 S 203 St Omaha, NE 68130. 77 Units I believe but unconfirmed (another source say only 36 units but I think there are two buildings) Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/thedalmoreomaha
Brad likely has more up to date photos.

We have a duplicate topic on this one at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17469

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

U R my Helix wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:00 pm We have a duplicate topic on this one at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17469

Hmmm, I think there might be a third thread somewhere. Let me look, I know I have posted photos more recently. Its been in my Grow Omaha videos twice now.