Sterling Ridge (Ironwood Country Club)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Coyote wrote:{Edited photo}....chased us off their campus, asking no photos to be taken of their building.
So we ask not references to this company be posted on this website...
How lame of that company.
Why the heck not?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad has a theory if he wants to share it...
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I'm dying to hear.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Lol. Is there a public sidewalk nearby like on Pacific St? If so, take pictures from there. If Millard Refrigeration security has a problem with that, tell them to build their next office underground.

Photography in public is not a crime.
Last edited by jessep28 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

What are they worried about? People using their pictures for unflattering purposes? Big whoop. The worse that could happen is Perez Hilton drawing jizz stains all over the place.

The Bride
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

RNcyanide wrote:What are they worried about? People using their pictures for unflattering purposes? Big whoop. The worse that could happen is Perez Hilton drawing jizz stains all over the place.
Well in that case they do have a point.. Perez.. striking fear into suburban office security nation wide..  :lafcry:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Brad has a theory if he wants to share it...
Nothing major... I just said may be its because they have connections to the meat packing industry, and as a whole, the meat packing industry doesn't really care for photos of their buildings.  I could be reaching...

No matter what, you can shoot from the street and if they come out, tell them to go fly a kite...
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Brad wrote:
Nothing major... I just said may be its because they have connections to the meat packing industry, and as a whole, the meat packing industry doesn't really care for photos of their buildings.  I could be reaching...

No matter what, you can shoot from the street and if they come out, tell them to go fly a kite...
That makes sense, but what about businesses like First National? I remember a while back there was a discussion when they prevented one of us from taking pictures of One First National Center.

The Bride
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Maybe not the right place for this but since we are talking about photo restrictions I saw this on Monday when I ran in Burger King in Bellevue for lunch.  This is the one near the Menards.  These were on all the doors and looked new.  

Guessing that this may have something to do with trying to avoid the viral videos and photos that have went around recently from a couple fast food places.  Went one step further an not only limiting employees but everyone.  

This one didn't look to bad but one looked like it was just slapped on.  It was not straight and had a good wrinkle in it.

For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Brad wrote:

We should have a Eomahaforums get together where we line up with cameras from across the street to take pictures of the place.
No posts exist for this topic
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Whats this? Fast food places don't want to be embarrassed by viral videos when their food is beyond embarrassing? Who knew..
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

guitarguy wrote:Whats this? Fast food places don't want to be embarrassed by viral videos when their food is beyond embarrassing? Who knew..
Not only fast food places (I can't remember the employees chain that broke this story), but to store your extra food in the outdoor trash area... while the food inspector was inside... this could happen at almost any place you eat.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

It was Golden Corral  :;):
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

guitarguy wrote:It was Golden Corral  :;):
I've never eaten there - So I have no idea what their food is like...
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Coyote wrote:
Do yourself a favor and don't. It's bad. Fun to people watch in the place, though.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Damn near all of my friends worked at the old one on 90th and I never heard any horror stories other than the owner being a womanizer but thats more than rampant in restaurants.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Coyote wrote:
Unfortunately, the http://www.omahagoldencorralsucks.com domain  has expired.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Brad wrote:

We should have a Eomahaforums get together where we line up with cameras from across the street to take pictures of the place.
Find out where the property line is and toe it like no other.

The Bride
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Can I be the token drunk guy? Puhleeeeeease??? Of course I'll be taking pictures of 132nd St :mrgreen:
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

guitarguy wrote:Can I be the token drunk guy? Puhleeeeeease??? Of course I'll be taking pictures of 132nd St :mrgreen:
What's this? Drinking in public? Possibly in the middle of the day? |expletive| YES.

The Bride
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Hey.. I didn't move back to Nebraska to not take advantage of the lax drinking laws here right? and if you start drinking during the day you can be drunk all night!!  8)
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

We will be slurring insults about the security guard's genital proportions and the promiscuity of their mothers.

The Bride
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Hmm.. I mean I'm down but I don't think that will help our cause any.. but on the bright side it would be cool to be on the news haha
FrontlineOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by FrontlineOmaha »

Coyote wrote:{Edited photo} Millard Refrigeration chased us off their campus, asking no photos to be taken of their building.
So we ask not references to this company be posted on this website...
Thats interesting.  Did they identify themselves at Millard Refrigeration employees or security or anything like that?

We will have people leave a property, due to liability concerns, but I can't think of a time we have restricted photos (in fact, I have only seen that with UAS down at Ft. Riley...and at FNBO Tower).  I agree, if you are off the property, they dont have much of a right to tell you no.  If they didn't want you taking photos, they should have built a wall.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

It was one of the CAD employees who confronted me in the parking lot saying his boss wants people to get permission to take photos - when I asked him how to contact the owner, he gave me his card saying to get a hold of him...
Brad
City Council

Re: Sterling Ridge (Ironwood Country Club)

Post by Brad »

Three more buildings going up in Sterling Ridge now. Two appear to be strip mall like and the third is the assisted living place.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:Three more buildings going up in Sterling Ridge now.  Two appear to be strip mall like and the third is the assisted living place.
Went by for the first time in a while today. A lot of construction going on, it will be interesting to see what kind of retail moves in here.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

'Main street' concept takes shape at Sterling Ridge
Cindy Gonzalez: World-Herald staff writer wrote:Just east of RBC's future home, two new retail buildings are going up. The side-by-side structures, also to be completed in August, will house Sterling Ridge's first retail shops.

Tenants have yet to be secured, said Chip James of Lockwood Development, but are expected to include service retailers such as restaurants and a coffee shop.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

This development will be a success financially and I am sure will fill up, but presenting it as a walkable "live, work, play" development is silly. It is slightly better designed than suburban development from a decade ago, but it isn't anything other than just that.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

iamjacobm wrote:This development will be a success financially and I am sure will fill up, but presenting it as a walkable "live, work, play" development is silly.  It is slightly better designed than suburban development from a decade ago, but it isn't anything other than just that.
I think it's an upgrade from a failed golf course. Any development that includes a tri-faith center, businesses, retail, and housing is okay by me personally.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

MadMartin8 wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:This development will be a success financially and I am sure will fill up, but presenting it as a walkable "live, work, play" development is silly.  It is slightly better designed than suburban development from a decade ago, but it isn't anything other than just that.
I think it's an upgrade from a failed golf course. Any development that includes a tri-faith center, businesses, retail, and housing is okay by me personally.
I agree. I didn't mean to come off as militant this fits where it is at just fine. I just think it is pointless to market your project as something it clearly isn't meant to be.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

I personally was having a hard time finding the "Main Street" in this project. It is great; much better than a golf course. But like iamjacobm said, what they're marketing isn't what is there. Almost like they're trying to say that anything that doesn't have a parking lot in front is an urban (we all know that's what they want people to think when they say main street) environment.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

It's getting big. The other office building looks basically done, the strip malls are finishing up and the retirement home looks mostly structurally complete.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Garrett wrote:It's getting big. The other office building looks basically done, the strip malls are finishing up and the retirement home looks mostly structurally complete.
Was the sod down yet? I have an idea for a photo but I need the sod to be done.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The second office building is complete and RBC has moved in.
Slowmaha
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Slowmaha »

Hi, first time poster. I live near the sterling Ridge development and have been watching it with interest since moving here last fall. I understand rbc has moved into the east building and there are a couple more tenant coming (Lockwood office, silver leaf financial), and my understanding is summer kitchen (with scooters) is moving in this fall to one of the retail spaces. Has anyone heard of any more retail rumors?

Looks like they should be wrapping up the assisted living and retail buildings before too terribly long.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Welcome to eOmahaForums Slowmaha!
Slowmaha
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Slowmaha »

Thanks Coyote!!
Slowmaha
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Slowmaha »

Any news on Sterling ridge retail tenants? Heritage seems to be coming along nicely but the retail work seems to be crawling.