Sterling Ridge (Ironwood Country Club)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Buh... buh... Woland! Europe is so progressive and America is soo backwards! Just look at their cities! Everywhere should be like Europe.  :;):

[/Sarcasm]
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Professor Woland
Library Board

Post by Professor Woland »

I like Europe just fine, but I always roll my eyes at the notion that Europeans are more sophisticated and tolerant than Americans.  Obviously neither group is monolithic, but Europe fetishists are really no different than flag wavy jingoists, they both see what they want to see.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Apparently this tri-faith component is unprecedented pretty much anywhere.
Professor Woland
Library Board

Post by Professor Woland »

Even though I'm an atheist I think this is a pretty cool idea.  Hopefully this becomes as much a point of pride for Omahans as Boys Town or the Zoo.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Professor Woland wrote:I like Europe just fine, but I always roll my eyes at the notion that Europeans are more sophisticated and tolerant than Americans.  Obviously neither group is monolithic, but Europe fetishists are really no different than flag wavy jingoists, they both see what they want to see.
you did see the [/sarcasm ] right? But this is definitely a thing for Omaha to be proud of.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

It looks like some of the primary roads are in. The walls of a building are going up too.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Steel up for one building, looks like 5 floors.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update:
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Any idea which building  that is....it looks like it might be the Episcopal Church
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

skinzfan23 wrote:Any idea which building  that is....it looks like it might be the Episcopal Church
The Episcopal Church will be on the Southwest part of this parcel not the north central where this is, plus I don't think they have even hired an architect yet.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

According to the master plan on page 1 this should be an office building.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Millard Refrigerated Services HQ
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

It looks like they are already building a home in there as well.... without roads to it???
riceweb
Library Board

Post by riceweb »

Brad wrote:Ironwood specs may need tinkering

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100802/N ... -tinkering
Jeffrey Robb WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:The developers could potentially expand that allotment if it proposes a Main Street-style layout and multistory buildings that mix office, commercial and residential uses within individual buildings, the city says.

Cunningham wrote that the project is proposing an office park with isolated commercial and residential parts.

“The proposed uses are not mixed, let alone integrated,” Cunningham wrote, “and none of the buildings contain multiple uses to be considered a ‘specialty’ mixed-use area.”
I wonder what all came out of these meetings (note, these were back in August 2010). It's definitely not creating a mixed-use neighborhood like Aksarben Village, but they since the project's humming along, the city must not have been too hard on it.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Some of these projects really stretch the meaning of "mixed-use".  If you expand the boundaries enough, even the most segregated, sprawling suburb is "mixed-use".  The current Ironwood plans are really just a off-the shelf hodgepodge of suburban apartments, office, retail, and single-family homes.  The only thing that makes it mixed-use is that it's all being developed at once.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

It will be interesting to see which way it goes, though.  I will find it a little ironic if suburban NIMBYs are the driver behind a more progressive development plan here.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

The plan is done and in place.  Its zoned MU (mixed use) like most everything else out west.  And like all the rest its more the name of the zoning than the style of development.  Its all quite suburban.  There is a 'mix' of office, commercial, civic and residential but its all horizontal.  It aint Aksarben, but it aint too bad either.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Temple breaks ground at tri-faith campus

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120416/M ... ith-campus
Maggie O'Brien , World-Herald Staff Writer wrote:The construction of a tri-faith campus in southwest Omaha officially kicked off Sunday despite a lot of wet, mucky ground and relentless, blustering winds.
The mosque, the church and the tri-faith center each will be on about four acres. The remaining nine acres are green space, including the humorously named Hẹll Creek.

It's expected that the project, when completed, will draw wide attention to Omaha.

"It's amazing that it's going to be right here in Omaha," Sherman said. "We don't know of any other place in the world where this has come together."
The synagogue is scheduled for completion in August 2013. The mosque, church and center will come later.
I find it hilarious that the location they chose to build this "Tri-Faith" center has a creek running through it called Hẹll Creek.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120614/M ... -this-fall
Just over a year after crews tore down the clubhouse and cleared the land on the former Ironwood Country Club site, the developer of Sterling Ridge said the project’s first residents could be moving in as soon as this fall.

The development on the 153-acre site, which is expected to cost between $200 million and $250 million, will eventually include homes, condominiums, offices, restaurants, shops, a hotel, an assisted-living facility and a tri-faith religious center. Most of that won’t become a reality for several years, but Chip James, owner of Lockwood Development, said the first office space, the headquarters of Millard Refrigerated Services, is on track to be completed early next year.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

[youtube][/youtube]
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Nice find!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The lights are on in the new building along Pacific Street including a neon looking strip along the top of the building.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

I pass by this everyday on my way to work, and it's really neat watching it all come along... I do wonder, however, how long it'll take to get at least somewhat filled out.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The Millard Refrigeration building looks like it could be moved into soon.  Also a lot of the decorative retaining walls and a ton of young trees are in place along Pacific.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

I live in the area and this may be overly optimistic, but this is shaping up to be nicer than the golf course.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Sterling Ridge plans call for 60,000 s.f. office building

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130206/M ... e-building
Cindy Gonzalez, OWH wrote:A 60,000-square-foot office structure poised to rise near the corner of 132nd and Pacific Streets this spring will offer under-building parking and a third-floor deck with a view of water fountains at the entrance to the Sterling Ridge development.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

That will fit right in at the first national business park.  There must be a sale on red brick.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

NovakOmaha wrote:That will fit right in at the first national business park.  There must be a sale on red brick.

Still better than a Golf course.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

MadMartin8 wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:That will fit right in at the first national business park.  There must be a sale on red brick.

Still better than a Golf course.
I live near there and was really concerned that the redevelopment would be an eyesore.   It is not so far turning out to be that.   I have to say that I am hopeful that the office building will have a coffee shop or something that will market to the neighborhood.  It would be a nice walk.
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

The new Millard Refrigeration building and adjacent entrance looks decent.  I am still very concerned that the city did not include any connectivity to the adjacent neighborhoods.  I think long term this will be a huge mistake on the city's part.  The people in the older neighborhoods will be forced out on to the main roads to get to an office or worship center that is basically in their same neighborhood.
where the corn meets the concrete
brick
New to the Neighborhood

Post by brick »

The City tried hard to connect it to the neighborhood to the east.  They were shot down by the angry people that live there.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I'm really excited for this development. I hope it all turns out like the renderings portray it.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Steel is going up on a second office building.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

iamjacobm wrote:Steel is going up on a second office building.
Ahhh, so that's what that'll be. I was wondering when I drove by it the other day.
No posts exist for this topic
lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

They profiled a new home in the latest Omaha Magazine issue that was built in this neighborhood.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130820/N ... th-project
Temple Israel will move into its new west Omaha synagogue this month, a major step for keeping the congregation strong and for developing a site shared with Muslims and Christians.

Backers say the synagogue's opening is evidence that the interfaith site, an idea that started taking root about eight years ago, will become reality. Plans call for building a church, a mosque and a center for all faiths near the synagogue as part of a tri-faith project.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

{Edited photo} Millard Refrigeration chased us off their campus, asking no photos to be taken of their building.
So we ask not references to this company be posted on this website...
Last edited by Coyote on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The new Jewish Synagogue in the development.

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:{Edited photo} Millard Refrigeration chased us off their campus, asking no photos to be taken of their building.
Haha, they must of forgot they don't have a 634 ft tower downtown...
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Coyote wrote:{Edited photo}....chased us off their campus, asking no photos to be taken of their building.
How lame of that company.
No posts exist for this topic