Ralston Arena (72 and Q)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Re: Ralston Arena (72 and Q)

Postby bigredmed » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:44 pm

Went to a fundraiser last March at Ralston arena where the food cooked by their in house staff was quite good. Brunch with omelets and waffles with an orange compote to taste with the waffles.

Crockett1985
New to the Neighborhood

Postby Crockett1985 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:14 am

This is good to hear for Ralston finally. Not to drag things too off-topic, but I'm a relatively new Mavericks hockey fan and was wondering whether Baxter ever sees anything from those ticket sales?

Greg S
County Board

Postby Greg S » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:40 am

Crockett1985 wrote:This is good to hear for Ralston finally. Not to drag things too off-topic, but I'm a relatively new Mavericks hockey fan and was wondering whether Baxter ever sees anything from those ticket sales?

Trying to understand the question. You are wondering if Baxter Arena see anything from Maverick Hockey ticket sales?

Greg

Crockett1985
New to the Neighborhood

Postby Crockett1985 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:24 am

Correct

Greg S
County Board

Postby Greg S » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:07 am

They are all wrapped in together, with it being UNO's arena. The arena itself was supposed to turn a profit which was going to be used to help fund UNO athletics, including hockey.

Greg

Trips
Home Owners Association

Postby Trips » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:10 pm

“Groesser credits the success to higher sales tax revenues and the venue now is booked nearly every weekend…The restaurant tax that helped balance the books expires in three years.”

How much general fund, KENO, 2.5% property tax, 2.5% restaurant tax and turnback tax did they get vs last year? Show me Revenue (from Arena events) minus Expenses.

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:59 pm

I would like to see their advertising budget and how much of it goes to 1620 for the Oct 8th Alice Cooper concert. An ad has been playing now for two months and it is still a month away.

Greg S
County Board

Postby Greg S » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:22 am

Coyote wrote:I would like to see their advertising budget and how much of it goes to 1620 for the Oct 8th Alice Cooper concert. An ad has been playing now for two months and it is still a month away.

Not quite as bad as the number of times I heard the ad for "Hairball," but it's getting there.

Greg

omaha79
Library Board

Postby omaha79 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Greg S wrote:
Coyote wrote:I would like to see their advertising budget and how much of it goes to 1620 for the Oct 8th Alice Cooper concert. An ad has been playing now for two months and it is still a month away.

Not quite as bad as the number of times I heard the ad for "Hairball," but it's getting there.

Greg

"IT'S....GOING....DOWN!!!"

"THE MOST BOMBASTIC ARENA ROCK CELEBRATION RETURNS: HAIRBALLLLLLL!!!!!"

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Postby MadMartin8 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:58 pm

omaha79 wrote:
Greg S wrote:

Greg

"IT'S....GOING....DOWN!!!"

"THE MOST BOMBASTIC ARENA ROCK CELEBRATION RETURNS: HAIRBALLLLLLL!!!!!"

*runs away screaming*

God I hated that commercial. Oh, and the Lita Ford concert one. Jesus.
No posts exist for this topic

HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation

Postby HR Paperstacks » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:11 pm

And that's why I only listen to Pandora - I hate commercials.

Trips
Home Owners Association

Postby Trips » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:28 pm

They have a partnership with NRG Media so I am guessing they pay $0 for the advertising. I believe that NRG books 5 or 6 shows a year, does the radio advertising for them and then takes a cut of the gate. The Arena gets a low upfront costs and free advertising. The radio stations get guaranteed advertising space filled and paid after the show. Again, I know they have a deal but do not know the details. Does anyone know?

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:50 pm

I thought there had to be something like that.
A quick search shows that the City of Ralston paid NRG Media $84,146.36 for 38 Special.

choke
Human Relations

Postby choke » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:22 pm

Ralston Arena's debt downgraded by Standard and Poor’s; rating could fall further

Do I smell a sequel to the Enron?

Ralston Arena: The Musical.

Don Groesser as Ken Lay's doppelganger.

iamjacobm
City Council

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:24 pm

It is just a mess.

This is wild speculation, but I wonder if Ralston could come crawling to Omaha begging for an annex to fix their finances if things keep going south instead of having their decades old handshake deal with the city.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:44 am

iamjacobm wrote:It is just a mess.

This is wild speculation, but I wonder if Ralston could come crawling to Omaha begging for an annex to fix their finances if things keep going south instead of having their decades old handshake deal with the city.

I would hope not.

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:49 pm

But their problems would then become Omaha's problems. I think we should just leave Ralston alone. They don't really have anything we need.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

iamjacobm
City Council

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:52 pm

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:

But their problems would then become Omaha's problems. I think we should just leave Ralston alone. They don't really have anything we need.

Wasn't trying to suggest we would go for it. Just that if they got that desperate they might ask. Again it was just a pure hypothetical thinking out loud comment.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:15 pm

iamjacobm wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:

Wasn't trying to suggest we would go for it. Just that if they got that desperate they might ask. Again it was just a pure hypothetical thinking out loud comment.

JUNK BONDS! That is the class of ratings that Ralston's bonds are now classified as. That tells you that the owners of those bonds may never get their money back. Omaha won't be touching that with a 10 foot pole.

Greg S
County Board

Postby Greg S » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Hairball was announced yesterday returning May 5, 2017. I've already heard a commercial. Not sure I can take hearing these again. over and over and over....

Greg

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:57 pm

Greg S wrote:Hairball was announced yesterday returning May 5, 2017. I've already heard a commercial. Not sure I can take hearing these again. over and over and over...

Oh God no. :boom:

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Postby MadMartin8 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:04 pm

Greg S wrote:Hairball was announced yesterday returning May 5, 2017. I've already heard a commercial. Not sure I can take hearing these again. over and over and over....

Greg

Hearing them over and over on 101.9, drives me insane. The amount of cover band concerts they advertise on that station is overwhelming.
No posts exist for this topic

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:39 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:
Greg S wrote:Hairball was announced yesterday returning May 5, 2017. I've already heard a commercial. Not sure I can take hearing these again. over and over and over....

Greg

Hearing them over and over on 101.9, drives me insane. The amount of cover band concerts they advertise on that station is overwhelming.

101.9's Parent Company NRG partnered with the Ralston Arena a couple years ago. If I remember right NRG is actually the promoter that is bringing these bands in and therefore have a stake in how well the shows do.
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

jag42
Home Owners Association

Postby jag42 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Yes...When The Keg 101.9 kept hyping their concert announcement for this past Monday, I was hoping for something more...substantial?

Greg S
County Board

Postby Greg S » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:24 am

Nice crowd of 2k last night at the arena for the game between Central and Winnebago. Hopefully they do more of these in the future.

Greg

omaha79
Library Board

Postby omaha79 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:55 am

I really enjoy Hairball. They put on a heck of a show and tickets are cheap. This is exactly the kind of show that's in Ralston's wheelhouse. Yeah, the commercials are annoying, but they've had sellouts the last few years. So, it appears they know what they are doing. Omaha has certainly embraced this show every year.

Greg S
County Board

Postby Greg S » Fri May 05, 2017 1:31 pm

A lounge replacing Husker Express/Dugout:

http://www.omaha.com/go/ralston-arena-t ... 3c4b5.html

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Sat May 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Greg S wrote:A lounge replacing Husker Express/Dugout:

http://www.omaha.com/go/ralston-arena-t ... 3c4b5.html

The Side Room will host small concerts as well as cocktail hours before Omaha Beef and Omaha Lancers games as well as concerts and other events.

Small concerts means the Side Room could hold about how many people? Any guesses?

Return to “Suburban Omaha Development”