Dixie Quicks (100 Block of West Broadway)

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Big E
City Council

Dixie Quicks (100 Block of West Broadway)

Post by Big E »

Where was Dixie Quicks moving?
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Big E wrote:Where was Dixie Quicks moving?
huh?  Dixie Quicks is moving to CB?  This is the first I've heard of this.  Do tell more....
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Ben wrote:
Big E wrote:Where was Dixie Quicks moving?
huh?  Dixie Quicks is moving to CB?  This is the first I've heard of this.  Do tell more....
Someone mentioned on here awhile back.  Not sure where the thread is.  I originally thought they were adding a second, but someone told me the other day they were just moving.

Granted, I haven't talked to Rob or Renee in awhile to confirm it from the horses' mouths...
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

pretty sure that dixie quicks is stayin in omaha.  he said things are goin good, can't imagine they'd move into a different spot and mess up a good thing.  And i need to get back over there for some french toast.
Go Cubs Go
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

[youtube][/youtube]

Post by Guest »

they are moving to cb
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Whats wrong with the Leavenworth location?  To me they are one of the staples needed to stay to help revitalize that area.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

CB? Why in God's name?
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
EastCB
Library Board

Post by EastCB »

Streets, CB, why not????  You are really getting sickening.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I would rather live in CB than West Omaha...
EastCB
Library Board

Post by EastCB »

Thanks, Brad. I get tired of people putting down CB. It is a wonderful town. I moved here from West Omaha 12 years ago and haven't regretted it.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:CB? Why in God's name?
I don't think Streets was trying to bash CB with his comment. I think it's just confusion because they seemed to be doing well at that location, and there is potential for that area to grow in the future. The move feels pretty random.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Thanks, ShawJ. Exactly.

EastCB, sorry for the confusion, but there's also no need to jump to such wild conclusions. I love CB.

You could have inserted "Bellevue", "Papillion", "Ralston", "La Vista", etc. into my comment.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

I asked Renee the other day and he said that they are moving into the space next to the chamber office, across the street from barley's.  The gallery is moving there, too, and they expect to be open June-ish.  He said they are pretty excited, and that they will have a hall that could be used for receptions, etc.

This is an awesome 'get' for Council Bluffs, especially the 100 block of broadway, which is in real need of a sit-down restaurant (and a dammed good one at that).  My wife is pretty stoked, too, because with the added space it will be easier (relatively) to get in.
Go Cubs Go
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Renee on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives:

[youtube][/youtube]
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Is it open on Leavenworth in the meantime?  Better get in there before they go just to see the original.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

It sucks that they're moving.  Downtown CB should be a nice place for them, but it's sad that it will no longer be walking distance.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

cdub wrote:Is it open on Leavenworth in the meantime?  Better get in there before they go just to see the original.

Yeah it's still open on Leavenworth.
Go Cubs Go
EastCB
Library Board

Post by EastCB »

Midwest Living magazine had a nice article on Dixie Quicks. Mentioned that they were moving to CB this summer.  Can't wait. Will be able to walk there, although it will take 25 minutes. But still the same time as driving now. And good exercise to work off the meal!!!!!
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

That sounds great, EastCB!
bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

Just to clarify...
They are closing the current location when they move????
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

ya
Go Cubs Go
dave31175
New to the Neighborhood

Post by dave31175 »

cdub wrote:Is it open on Leavenworth in the meantime?  Better get in there before they go just to see the original.
The Leavenworth location isn't the original one. Years ago it was across the street from the old UP building.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

It’s all a part of the Bluffs Renaissance
More than just the basic interior work is being completed inside a building in the 100 block of West Broadway.

“The excitement is building,” said Rob Gilmer. “People in Council Bluffs and Omaha can’t wait to see it and neither can I.”

Gilmer is co-owner of Dixie Quicks, a longtime downtown Omaha restaurant soon to set up shop in the remodeled Hughes-Irons Building, just west of the new headquarters of the Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce. The RNG Gallery, located in the Omaha restaurant, is moving to the new site, also.

The anticipated opening date for the restaurant and gallery is mid-October, Gilmer said. . . .

The dining room will seat about 90 patrons, with outdoor seating along the street. The RNG Gallery will continue its display of edgy art pieces from paintings to sculptures. Space can be rented for receptions, also, Gilmer said. During recent tours, local artists have been “blown away” by the potential there for showing off their skills, Gilmer said.

In fact, numerous Omaha businesses owners who have seen the site have expressed interest in relocating to Council Bluffs, he said. . . .
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan