Local businessman's plans for closed CB Frito Lay plant

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

Local businessman's plans for closed CB Frito Lay plant

Post by eomaha »

Daily Nonpareil wrote: Local businessman buys old Frito Lay plant

The jobs lost by the exodus of Frito Lay are not going to return, but one local developer hopes to bring back life to the facility left behind.

The Frito Lay plant, which officially closed in the beginning of November, has already been purchased.

Local businessman Bob Sherwood has bought the building and is planning to develop it into a warehouse/training facility or a health market/restaurant.

"Right now, I am dealing with two of the major employers in the area and a national health food chain, to take occupancy of the building in a few weeks," Sherwood said.

The building, located at 3919 W. Broadway, occupies 48,000-square-feet and sits on roughly three acres of land.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

As long as it's not some warehouse facility, that should be an improvement over the Frito-Lay plant. I don't understand why Frito-Lay was opposing the rezoning of this property a week or so ago when they were so close to selling the property to Mr. Sherwood. Whoever he has signing on as a tenant must be pretty confident that the city council will approve the final 2 readings of the zoning change in the next month or so. :wink:
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

I wouldn't read too much into this. The site is somewhat isolated and has access issues. Access to from I-480 is only to/from Omaha. I do not see it as a good site for a health market or restaurant.