Madison Ave. Hy-Vee Construction

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

Madison Ave. Hy-Vee Construction

Post by icejammer »

Daily Nonpareil wrote:The start of construction on a new Hy-Vee Food Store at 1745 Madison Ave. is one step closer to reality.

At 8 a.m. on Monday, a new pharmacy opened in the existing Hy-Vee, clearing the path for demolition to begin on the strip center connected to the store.

Before the demolition could begin, Hy-Vee had to make some structural changes to accommodate customers' needs with the closing of Drug Town and the repositioning of the entrance. . . .

With all of these projects completed or near completion, construction can begin on the new store.

"Demolition on the strip center will begin this week," Moon said. "And we will also start putting footings in the parking lot for the new building this week."

Construction of the new 70,000-square-foot facility, which will run perpendicular to the existing structure, will result in the reconfiguration of the parking area.

The road to the north of Hy-Vee's parking lot - which separates the Mall of the Bluffs parking from Hy-Vee - will be moved further north, closer to the JCPenney entrance, according to Moon.

The existing islands will be removed to make way for more customer parking at Hy-Vee.

Moon said that construction of the new store is one of the most accelerated projects that Hy-Vee Food Stores has ever done. He said that the plan is to be in the new facility by November of this year.
A waaaaaaaay overdue project for Hy-Vee in CB.
Last edited by icejammer on Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raraavis
Library Board

Post by Raraavis »

I use to work at that Hy-Vee a long long time ago.

The new Hy-Vee at 156th and Maple opened recently. It is a very nice store and a good addition to the area. It will be interesting to see what restaurants and such will open in the out-parcels.
Last edited by Raraavis on Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

isnt the hyvee near 55th and center going to be completely revamped? if it is that will give a nice new building to an area that badly needs renewal
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They are building a completely new HyVee on Center. It is directly behind the old one and should be about finished on the outside by now. When finished they will tare down the old store and make it a parking lot.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

The latest news on the new HY-Vee store in town. It will be nice to finally have a large, modern-looking full service store in town....

New Hy-Vee twice as big
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Finally Open!
The season's first snowstorm wasn't enough to discourage customers as they filled the parking lot and filed through the doors this morning to get a first look at Hy-Vee's $14 million investment at Mall of the Bluffs.
Had a chance to be in the store before it opened - very nice. Definitely raises the bar in CB.
chopper
New to the Neighborhood

Post by chopper »

Another HYVEE? how many more of those stores does Omaha need? They should build a Wal-Mart there. A store that can serve everyones needs. Any more HyVee stores and you can nick name Omaha the land of the HYVees.
True Red Korn Husker Fan
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

chopper... you remind me of another guy who used to visit our forum here some time ago. Anyone remember his name?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Jeff-

Are you thinking about that guy from Columbus, Ohio who thought Omaha's winters were comparable to Antartica's?..The dude also had an obsession with Wal-Mart as I recall..

Yep..He reminds me of that guy :lol:..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Last edited by Omaha Cowboy on Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Go Cowboys!
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Lou just made post 10,000 in the Development forum!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Man..10,000..

I should get a cookie or something :lol: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:I should get a cookie or something :lol:
Check your temp files :wink: :lol:
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Gee thanks :lol: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

And they both used the public library to do their web browsing. Last week he came from an Omaha public library... today, a Tulsa library. This is no coincidence.

EDIT: Remembered... 'Sauerkraut' :D
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Yes..'Sauerkraut'..I was racking my brain trying to remember :) ..

'Sauerkraut'..'chopper'..You can't change the spots on a Leopard :lol: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

chopper wrote:Another HYVEE? how many more of those stores does Omaha need? They should build a Wal-Mart there. A store that can serve everyones needs. Any more HyVee stores and you can nick name Omaha the land of the HYVees.
Not ANOTHER Hy-Vee dude, just replacing an old one with a new one. Chill out.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

3rd store to open up on the back of the new Hy-Vee addition the past 2 months (the other two were a Treynor State Bank branch and a Travel agency (the name of which is escaping me this moment):

Papa Murphy's opens Madison Avenue location
. . . His first Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza store in Council Bluffs opened on Broadway, and he and his partners now own several stores in Omaha and Council Bluffs. The latest store opened near at 1751 Madison Ave. near the HyVee supermarket June 23.

"I have been waiting for years for a location on this side of town," Beck said. "It's a new building, built brand new. It was supposed to open in April, but there were construction delays. Still, I'm happy to be here." . . .
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan