The "Development Side" of Playland Park (East)

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

The "Development Side" of Playland Park (East)

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

The "Development Side" of Playland Park (East End)

Developers hope to model Playland Park site in Bluffs after Omaha's Aksarben Village
The lead developer of midtown Omaha's Aksarben Village wants to help replicate that mix of residential, office and entertainment space in the Playland Park area of Council Bluffs.

Noddle Development Cos., along with Waitt Real Estate LLC, is interested in leading an effort to redevelop the 25-acre site on the Iowa side of the Missouri River. Omaha-based HDR also would be involved, as well as other Bluffs entities, said Jay Noddle of Noddle Development.

The Council Bluffs City Council on Monday night gave its formal go-ahead to Mayor Tom Hanafan to begin laying out responsibilities and details with Noddle and Waitt for the estimated $60 million venture.

Continued...

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130521/N ... en-village
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Cool.  I am pretty confident they can get this thing going.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The biggest problem I see is access...

Unless you are coming in from Downtown Omaha its a bit of a trick to get there.  If you heading east on Broadway, you need to go north or south at 35th and then wind your way back in there.  Of you are heading north on 29 you need to get off at the Harra's exit and wind your way back in there.  If you are coming south of 29, you get off at avenue G and cut through the neighborhoods.  

I am not sure some of the roads leading in there are ready for that kind of traffic.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

Brad wrote:The biggest problem I see is access...

Unless you are coming in from Downtown Omaha its a bit of a trick to get there.  If you heading east on Broadway, you need to go north or south at 35th and then wind your way back in there.  Of you are heading north on 29 you need to get off at the Harra's exit and wind your way back in there.  If you are coming south of 29, you get off at avenue G and cut through the neighborhoods.  

I am not sure some of the roads leading in there are ready for that kind of traffic.
That might all change in the coming years.. Isn't that portion the next phase in the road construction?