Matt Walsh, Council Bluffs Mayor

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Matt Walsh, Council Bluffs Mayor

Post by Brad »

First New mayor in 26 years starts today!

Redevelopment is high on to-do list of Matt Walsh, Council Bluffs' 1st new mayor in 26 years

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140102/N ... n-26-years
Andrew J. Nelson /World-Herald staff writer wrote:
As Council Bluffs' new mayor, Walsh wants to see the revitalization extend to West Broadway, the tired entrance to the city that he and other city leaders see as a prime candidate for redevelopment.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Matt Walsh, Council Bluffs Mayor

Post by Coyote »

I was just going to post this article also. I think many people who primarily enter Iowa via Broadway St. would love to see something to the first dozen blocks. But also what I find frustrating, is that you have to go to Harrah's in order to get to the Riverfront Park, until maybe they develop the east side of the levee...
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

Coyote wrote:I was just going to post this article also. I think many people who primarily enter Iowa via Broadway St. would love to see something to the first dozen blocks. But also what I find frustrating, is that you have to go to Harrah's in order to get to the Riverfront Park, until maybe they develop the east side of the levee...
Isn't this going to be resolved on phase 3 or 4 of the interstate project? From what I understood they were going to develop a plan to connect into Broadway.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Mayor Walsh commented on KETV news that he wants to replace the pavement on W Broadway, so maybe they will do something in conjunction with that.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

I agree. That whole stretch is a continuous line of run-down strip malls and fast-food joints. I'll admit that it's a big part of why my mental picture of CB is a scummy place.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

Seth wrote:I agree.  That whole stretch is a continuous line of run-down strip malls and fast-food joints.  I'll admit that it's a big part of why my mental picture of CB is a scummy place.
I agree, however, in the past year they have done quite a bit. They have torn down about 10 run down buildings, the grain elevators, and building the new clinic. hope the trend continues to blend the cities in better!