Old Bayliss Park Fountain

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

skinzfan23
City Council

Old Bayliss Park Fountain

Post by skinzfan23 »

123-year-old Council Bluffs fountain ‘Old Rusty' to be refurbished
New LED lighting will allow colored lights to shine on the fountain at night, Foster said. The iron fence around the fountain will also be spruced up.
The work is set to be completed at the end of June, he said.
Originally installed in Bayliss Park in 1890, the cast-iron fountain has been relocated several times, most recently in 1999, when it was moved from the historic Dodge House to its current location just west of the U.S. Bank building.

I drove by the fountain this past weekend and it looks good. Glad to see that they refurbished it.
Brad
City Council

Re: Old Bayliss Park Fountain

Post by Brad »

Awesome! Someone asked me to shoot it a couple years ago, but it wasn't lit very well. I need to get back over there.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Here's one I did not too long ago:

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Very nice picture. Did you take that before they refurbished it? It looks like the under side is all rusty, but your picture looks great.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

skinzfan23 wrote:Very nice picture.
Thanks (blush!) :)
Did you take that before they refurbished it?  It looks like the under side is all rusty, but your picture looks great.
I actually forget when exactly it was taken. It was on any of a few photo walks through the area either 2013 or 2012. Tonight I'll look through the originals on the PC and come up with a date. I'm sure this one was digital due to the aspect ratio. The original surely has a date.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I went over Sunday even and got photos of both the old and new Bayliss Park Fountains.

http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16465" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The "new" one needs some works. Lights out and some of the water doesn't spray like it use to.