Veridian Credit Union - 21st and Broadway

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

skinzfan23
City Council

Veridian Credit Union - 21st and Broadway

Post by skinzfan23 »

Credit union to open Bluffs branch
Veridian Credit Union, headquartered in Waterloo, will open a branch office in Council Bluffs, a company official announced Monday.
The 6,880-square-foot building will be located on the north side of West Broadway at 21st Street. Opening date is set for the first quarter of 2016, said Jason Ferris, market president.
The building’s roof line will feature a “subliminal V” for the company’s name, plus a large community room available to members, community groups or local non-profit organizations.
Last Friday, the company closed on the purchase of the land for its future site and will demolish the structures there, Ferris said.
What’s more, about a dozen or so branches may be built in the Council Bluffs/Omaha area over the next 15 years, he said.
I am assuming they are going to demo this building. The glass shop on the northwest corner is pretty new, it relocated there after being at the intersection of 25th and Broadway for years. This building looks terrible now, but looking at the front top of the building, it appears it may be old and maybe more significant in the past. I wonder if there is brick under all that ugly siding.

Edit: After doing a little research, the original structure was built in 1900, with the additions added in 1986. It will be sad to lose such an old building, especially if it is in good condition, but because the current owners never took care of it, the bank will look much better.
Image21st and Broadway by scottstronck, on Flickr

Here is a rendering of the new credit union:
Last edited by skinzfan23 on Tue May 05, 2015 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brad
City Council

Re: Veridian Credit Union - 21st and Broadway

Post by Brad »

That's a nice looking building!
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Looks like they may also tear down this building: Not a loss at all for that building. And as Brad mentioned, the bank rendering looks nice.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

If West Broadway was booming with new development, I might say try and incorporate the 1900 building into the new design but given the quality of what is replacing it I have no problem tearing it down.

I have heard Veridian is entering the Council Bluffs/Omaha market in a big way. They have plans more than 15 Branches in the metro.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

All the buildings have been demolished and the site is being cleared so that construction can begin.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Steel is going up for this today.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

I assumed in the original rendering this was being built farther back with parking in front. It is nice that it is being built along the street with the parking behind the building.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:I assumed in the original rendering this was being built farther back with parking in front. It is nice that it is being built along the street with the parking behind the building.
Yeah it is hard to tell from that rendering, but I think the parking lot you see is to the east of the building. The building does look nice coming right up the intersection of 21st and Broadway.
bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

My friend is the branch manager. Opening April 11.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Looks great!
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Love that design! It is so cute, yet sharp and eye-catching. I love that combo...that rust color with beige stone and silver metal lines and white/clear glass.... And, I love that dual-flapping roof that has flair & drama. I have to say: Broadway is getting some great design along it -- including something by Leo A Daly, I think. The changes in CB really impress me, and I like all the historic restoration in their downtown area, and stuff...
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.