Regal Lanes

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

bargainhunter
Library Board

Regal Lanes

Post by bargainhunter »

Regal Lanes at 15 State St in CB (3 blocks east of the 100 Block) has closed and been sold.
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: Regal Lanes

Post by skinzfan23 »

Wow, that leaves only 2 bowling alleys in CB. Thunderbowl and Lightning Bowl. I always wondered how long Regal could stay open. Quite a few years ago they removed a few of the lanes and installed a stage so they could host parties and events, guess there wasn't enough business.
bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

You are thinking of Lightning Bowl. Regal doesn't/didn't have a stage.
But here's news from Lightning Bowl too. That leaves 1 bowling alley in CB!
From Lightning Bowl's FB page:
Lightning Bowl
May 19 at 3:43pm ·
I want to address the rumors on this bowling alley today. With a heavy heart we will not be going forward with the bowling side of this business effective MAY 22 2016. The losses have grown over the last 4 years to a point that nothing could bring it back to an even +/- for the year. The bank has agreed to let us turn lightnig bowl into a sprots bar/entertainment venue because on the numbers it generated. I will be calling all team captains and telling them whats happening and have a list of potential new places to bowl. This is the most difficult thing i,ve ever done. All the valued relationships over the years and i can only hope we can continue them. Believe me my choice from the bank was end bowling and change or probably not be there.I will miss the bowling and seeing all of you on a weekly basis but the reality is it's not going to get better. I hope all of you will understand and look forward to seeing you in the future. From Jean and myself thank you and god bless all of you. TODD
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

bargainhunter wrote:You are thinking of Lightning Bowl. Regal doesn't/didn't have a stage.
But here's news from Lightning Bowl too. That leaves 1 bowling alley in CB!
From Lightning Bowl's FB page:
Lightning Bowl
May 19 at 3:43pm ·
I want to address the rumors on this bowling alley today. With a heavy heart we will not be going forward with the bowling side of this business effective MAY 22 2016. The losses have grown over the last 4 years to a point that nothing could bring it back to an even +/- for the year. The bank has agreed to let us turn lightnig bowl into a sprots bar/entertainment venue because on the numbers it generated. I will be calling all team captains and telling them whats happening and have a list of potential new places to bowl. This is the most difficult thing i,ve ever done. All the valued relationships over the years and i can only hope we can continue them. Believe me my choice from the bank was end bowling and change or probably not be there.I will miss the bowling and seeing all of you on a weekly basis but the reality is it's not going to get better. I hope all of you will understand and look forward to seeing you in the future. From Jean and myself thank you and god bless all of you. TODD
I was last at Regal about 10 years ago and they did cover up 2-4 lanes and install a stage. Maybe they had removed it since then, but they were the first bowling alley in CB to do this. Lightning Bowl did the same about 5 years ago.

That is sad to hear about Todd closing Lightning bowl. I bowled on a league for 6-7 years when I graduated high school. Todd had taken over at lightning bowl from the former owner and did everything he could to keep it afloat. I even remember one season when our secretary was stealing all the due money and Todd stepped forward and provided the bowling free of charge so that we could still use our dues to have prize money at the end of the season. What a great guy and kuddos to him for running it for so long.
bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

In Motion Bounce & Gymnastics will be relocating to the old home of Regal Lanes from their current location at MOTB.