CBBTA Parade of Homes

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

CBBTA Parade of Homes

Post by icejammer »

Missed this story last week for anyone that would have been interested in it yesterday, but if you're planning on hitting the Rennaisance Faire of the Midlands this weekend, you can still catch the last day of the parade:

Parade of Homes, June 5 & 12

The one home on the parade that I can see from my house had visitors for more than 2 hours after the 'official' closing time, so there was some really good traffic yesterday.

Another article:

Parade of Homes is Here
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

Ol' Hawkeye sometimes forgets how economical the housing market is in the Omaha metro by comparison to here.
Where is here?
Minneapolis Boy
Library Board

Post by Minneapolis Boy »

Hawkeye is in Minneapolis. He's right, the housing market there is very expensive.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Take into consideration the property taxes when you make that comparison, though.

When I owned a home in Woobury from 2000-2002, it was valued near $250,000. My property taxes were less than $2000 annually, and actually WENT DOWN as the house went up in value. A $250,000 home in Omaha would likely have property taxes at or above $5000 annually.

-Big E
Stable genius.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Big E wrote:A $250,000 home in Omaha would likely have property taxes at or above $5000 annually.
Only ~$3,000 in Pott. Co.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll just piggyback on this old one...
Daily Nonpareil wrote:There is one last week to take a look at the fine craftsmanship of some of the outstanding homes in the community.

This Sunday the Spring Parade of Homes will be open from 1 to 5 p.m. at various locations across the community. There is no charge for viewing the homes, and builders or realtors will be on hand to answer questions from potential buyers.

John Liston, president of the Council Bluffs Building Trades Association, said this is a great opportunity to visit the fine new communities in the Council Bluffs and surrounding areas.

The homes range in price from $137,500 to $475,000 and are located around Council Bluffs and in surrounding communities, including five homes in Glenwood and two in Malvern.

Books are available at any home on the Spring Parade or information on Sunday's homes can be found on the Council Bluffs Building Trades Association Web site at http://www.cbbta.org.

Among the features are golf courses, bike trails and footpaths, tree-lined lots and large-acreage lots.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan