Broadway Viaduct Replacement

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

'Gateway' takes shape over West Broadway viaduct
Employees of Davis Erection Co. and Puritan Manufacturing Inc. began installation of artist Ed Carpenter’s “Gateway,” at the top of the West Broadway viaduct this Tuesday morning. . .
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Here is the link to the construction camera for the installation:

http://oxblue.com/open/iowawest/carpenter
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

skinzfan23 wrote:Here is the link to the construction camera for the installation:

That's pretty cool. You can go back and see the progress they make from day to day.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

HR Paperstacks wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:Here is the link to the construction camera for the installation:

That's pretty cool. You can go back and see the progress they make from day to day.
Its the same web cam company Midtown Crossing had.  That was cool because it was a couple years worth of photos.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here is a shot I snapped the other night.  I still have plans to get "Good" shots, but haven't found the time yet.
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

Does anyone know if those cables in Brad's photo are permanent?  I find them very distracting.  Other than that, its great.  Its also great seeing Council Bluffs leading the way in massive public art projects.
where the corn meets the concrete
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

windsor wrote:Does anyone know if those cables in Brad's photo are permanent?  I find them very distracting.  Other than that, its great.  Its also great seeing Council Bluffs leading the way in massive public art projects.
I believe they are and the reason why it was delayed a bit. they made them add the cables and the round points where they meet.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Did they decide it wasn't sturdy enough or something?
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Omaha_Gabe wrote:
windsor wrote:Does anyone know if those cables in Brad's photo are permanent?  I find them very distracting.  Other than that, its great.  Its also great seeing Council Bluffs leading the way in massive public art projects.
I believe they are and the reason why it was delayed a bit. they made them add the cables and the round points where they meet.
I am not sure at what stage they would have been delayed.  If you look at the original renderings, the cables were always there.