Question

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

loyalomahan
Library Board

Question

Post by loyalomahan »

Is the Council Bluffs drive in still in operation? I assume it's closed during the winter, but will it open up in the spring? or did it go out of business? I seem to remember hearing something about it last year. I'm just thinking that I need to see a drive in movie before they are all gone!
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Yeah, I think you're right, I seem to remember something about the drive-in changing hands and closing, but as far as I know, it's supposed to open up this spring. Probably not until mid/late April though I would guess.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Drive by it on 275 a few times a month. It is still in operation. The sing out front says something to the effect

CLOSED - SEE YOU IN THE SPRING
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

I saw 4 or 5 drive in movies in 2004, but that was the most recent I've been there.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Update...

Driving by there yesterday they have recently cahnged their sign. It now says,

OPENING MARCH 31

There were two movies listed too but I did not make a mental note of what they were and it was an afterthought to update this. If interested guess you will have to dry BY the drive IN on your way to a drive THROUGH for lunch or something.