Master Plan Update

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

Master Plan Update

Post by icejammer »

Some pretty interesting projects may be looming on the horizon (but then again, some of these ideas are 10 or more years older, so.......)

City's long-term plan paints picture of future
Imagine a Council Bluffs "central park" that would stretch from downtown to the Mid-America Center area.

Motorists on Ninth Avenue may some day drive on a new viaduct over those busy railroad tracks in the center part of town, while the closure of some non-busy intersections could improve traffic flow on West Broadway.

And, the old warehouse area south of Ninth Avenue could be redeveloped into a happening place.

These are just some of the possibilities for the city's future discussed this week in front of numerous Pottawattamie County officials.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Any plans for the area by the bridge?
DTO
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Yeah, I think if you go back a few pages on the Ped Bridge thread, there's something posted over there.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
Harpoon
Human Relations

Post by Harpoon »

DTO Luv wrote:Any plans for the area by the bridge?
I remember something a couple months ago about a Playland Park redevelopment study being approved by the City Council. I haven't heard anything since then about what is going on there.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I hope they get something going there again. CB had their plans together before Omaha. With the bridge a certainty now I don't see it sitting vacant too long.
DTO