Jimmy John's Set to Open on Broadway

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

Jimmy John's Set to Open on Broadway

Post by icejammer »

Figured it was time for this to have it's own thread, since it kind of got stuck on the end of the DQ thread (http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3334):

Bluffs' Jimmy John's opens Tuesday
Jimmy John's, the restaurant that claims to offer the "World's greatest gourmet sandwiches," will open Tuesday at 1640 W. Broadway in Council Bluffs on the site of the former Dairy Queen.

District Manager Ted Zimmerly said the menu includes 20 submarine sandwiches and is the second in the metro area owned by franchisee Simmonds Restaurant Management, also known for its many Burger King restaurants. . .

With high expectations for the new restaurant, he's not shy about the possibility of more Jimmy John's popping up in Council Bluffs in the near future. Two sites are under consideration for future expansion, he said.

But he won't say where.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Yay!  More Jimmy John's in the Metro!
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Harpoon
Human Relations

Post by Harpoon »

I kind of liked that old Dairy Queen building.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here it is:
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Hmmm, not bad, not bad.
xxtyderxx
New to the Neighborhood

Post by xxtyderxx »

I drove by today and the drive thru was backed up into the street.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Jimmy John's set to take down another "landmark" fast-food place, most recently Burgers on Broadway, but has been there many, many years under several different names:

Burgers on Broadway to relocate; Jimmy John's plans second restaurant
The sit-down and drive-through restaurant, Burgers on Broadway, has been a familiar sight at 410 E. Broadway for years, but messages recently scribbled in the windows announce they are to close June 29. . . .

"We are going to move down to 28th and Broadway." . . .

Jimmy John's has filed plans with the city to demolish the present structure, which has housed the burger joint since September 1999, and start from scratch.

"Demolition will probably start July 1," said Ted Zimmerly, operating partner for Jimmy John's. "The store won't be open for three or four months."

The new building will be 24 by 70 feet, or 1,923 square feet. It will include the drive-through feature, inside seating for more than 50 people and an outdoor patio area. . . .

"We'll be opening our sixth one next week in Papillion, a seventh in Elkhorn and our eighth store in July," Zimmerly said. "Council Bluffs has been good to us. The one on West Broadway does very well. We wanted to be able to serve more people." . . .

The new building will also be about 50 percent larger than the existing sandwich shop.

"It's going to be one of the bigger Jimmy John's in the entire chain," Zimmerly said.

He said a second store is only the beginning, and they hope to open two or three more in 2009.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

Jimmy John's is by far my favorite sandwich shop of the chains (jj, subway, quiznos, blimpie, etc) and i'm glad they are opening up another.  If they could get one opened up by manawa they would be sitting pretty.  Also, if Burgers on Broadway is moving to 28th & Broadway, which i assume is the new construction by MJ's, then where is the new KFC going?  I thought i had heard they were putting in a new KFC and Pizza Hut somewhere there, which i thought was at 28th?
Go Cubs Go
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

thenewguy wrote:I thought i had heard they were putting in a new KFC and Pizza Hut somewhere there, which i thought was at 28th?
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7535

--William Jennings Bryan
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Jimmy John's second location to open Dec. 16
Jimmy John's is scheduled to open its new location at 410 E. Broadway on Tuesday, Dec. 16. . .

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

hot damn that was quick.  I think, though, they should have put in a Jimmy John's by Manawa first.
Go Cubs Go