Breadeaux Pizza

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

wigster
New to the Neighborhood

Breadeaux Pizza

Post by wigster »

After leaving Council Bluffs, for unknown reasons, Breadeaux Pizza is finally going to come back.
They put up a couple of adds in the paper looking for hires; IE cooks, managers, drivers, etc.

Many might remember their old location on the corner of 8th St and Broadway, which happened to be north of Broadway where Papa John's is currently setting up shop.

Their new location is in the strip mall, which also is home to Quizno's - Across from the old mall (Omni Centre).

They already have a sign up. And it looks like construction is well on its way. It should be up and running before Papa John's is finished.

So, the downtown area will have a Godfather's, Papa John's, Pizza Counter and now Breadeaux Pizza.

http://www.breadeauxpizza.com/
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

During college, my aunt worked at the breadeaux on broadway, next to what is now "lil bros" tattoo shop.  She'd always bring us pizzas and we thought it was the |expletive|!  I haven't had one in forever, i think there is a breadeaux in des moines or iowa city (can't remember which) that we wanted to go to when visiting friends, but never got a chance.  Now i wont have to drive across the state to see if my memory serves me correctly :)
wigster
New to the Neighborhood

Post by wigster »

You did not have to travel so far. For years there had been one in Crescent, and one in Shenandoah.
I believe there was one in Atlantic and Red Oak, but it has been awhile since I was in those towns for more then a few minutes.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Cool!  Thanks wigster, I happened to see their sign this weekend and was wondering when they were going to open.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
Brad
City Council

Re: Breadeaux Pizza

Post by Brad »

wigster wrote:So, the downtown area will have a Godfather's, Papa John's, Pizza Counter and now Breadeaux Pizza.
Don't forget that other place...  They have pizza, pasta, steak sandwiches (I can't remember the name but they have a Location on 50th and center - Omaha, and Twin Creek - Bellevue)  Good place.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Lanskey's
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Do they have a location in Ashland?
Harpoon
Human Relations

Post by Harpoon »

They do have one in Ashland, but it isn't anything to write home about.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

hmmmm I always thought that pizza was awesome.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

While growing up in fremont

Post by Erik »

While growing up in fremont, I thought they had the best pizza and Fremont has a few good places

like Santa Ana's, Pizza Hut, (use to have, but no more) Little Caesar's, Godfather's, (use to have but no more) Dominoes..

There is a newer chain of pizza store that I would love to see come into this market and that is Gambino's pizza that is really good pizza!
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Brad wrote:Lanskey's
Lansky's = another word for sucky pizza.

By the way, as an old timer, I think I know why Breadeaux Pizza kind of disappeared.  They used to have at least a half dozen locations in the Omaha metro, and they had fantastic pizza.  Well then news broke (maybe 20 years ago?) that the founder of the chain, or one of the key partners, I don't exactly remember the details, was arrested for a major problem he had related to children.  Well, they say any publicity is good publicity.  Not THAT kind of publicity, however.  It nearly killed the chain, which originated in NW Missouri.  Apparently they have new owners now.  I would like to be able to sample their pizza again.  The pizza crust is awesome.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Hey, I like Lansky's...sometimes.  :lol:

Breadeaux Pizza returns to C.B.
It's deja vu for Breadeaux Pizza in Council Bluffs. After 15 years of being gone from the area, the original French Crust is back. This time in a new location and with a new owner.

A chance meeting with Randy Jacobs parents and Breadeaux' founder led to Jacobs becoming a franchise owner.

"It was dumb luck, my dad and his wife were at their place in Lake of the Ozarks, and (they said) the Breadeaux Founder walking his dog," said Jacobs. . . .

He said he plans to add pictures in the front and a menu board, by the time they have their grand opening in January. . . .

Being a franchise owner, Jacobs has bragging rights to Pottawattamie, Douglas and Sarpy counties, if he wants to add another Breadeaux to the area. Opening another location is a dream of his.

"Our hope is to do well enough here, to open one in Omaha, but our first choice is to open up another one in Council Bluffs," emphasized Jacobs. . . .

Breadeaux employs 28 people and is open Sunday thru Thursday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Friday thru Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. . .
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I would take Lanskey's over Pizza Hut, Godfathers, Domino's any day.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Brad wrote:
Wow.  You have really raised the bar high with such a comparison!  Lansky's is certainly better than eating cardboard, or carpet tacks.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:
Brad wrote:
Wow.  You have really raised the bar high with such a comparison!  Lansky's is certainly better than eating cardboard, or carpet tacks.
You are the one that said Lanskeys = sucks, I was just trying to give people a compairson?  Its a lot better than you make it sound.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

anyone had breadeaux yet?  we were going to eat there tonight, but opted for papa john's (not my choice, though not terrible).  I've always thought they were too close to domino's for my taste.  Does anyone here remember the noid?

<object width="425" height="355"><param ... ></object>

We used to think that was so funny as kids...damn we were lame :)
Go Cubs Go
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

thenewguy wrote:anyone had breadeaux yet?
No, I would have to pass Mama's, Sgt Peffers, and LaCasa to get to it... :;):
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Didn't we have a Breadeaux in Omaha ages ago near 93rd & Maple?  I recall trying it, not great, not bad.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bbinks wrote:Didn't we have a Breadeaux in Omaha ages ago near 93rd & Maple?  I recall trying it, not great, not bad.
I thought that was a little Cesar's, "pizza pizza...."
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Brad wrote:
bbinks wrote:Didn't we have a Breadeaux in Omaha ages ago near 93rd & Maple?  I recall trying it, not great, not bad.
I thought that was a little Cesar's, "pizza pizza...."
Little Caesars was in the 90th & Fort mall, the far right bay, the Humane Society is in the left side.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

There was one near 46th and Harrison that only closed within the last 7-8 years.  It was okay.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

Is there still a Breadeaux Pizza in Ashland and Syracuse?

We used to eat at the one in Olde Towne Bellevue in the 1980s fairly regularly. I loved their pocket pizzas (basically, a calzone).
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:39 pm Is there still a Breadeaux Pizza in Ashland and Syracuse?

We used to eat at the one in Olde Towne Bellevue in the 1980s fairly regularly. I loved their pocket pizzas (basically, a calzone).
I am sure there is still one in Ashland. No idea on Syracuse

Quick edit. The Breadeaux web site show both locations as being there.

Ashland
1425 Silver St Ashland, NE 68003

Syracuse
1111 Park St Syracuse, NE 68446
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

The Ashland one is still operational and was open when I was in Ashland on Saturday. Have to say that it has to be a money maker given that there are no other restaurants in Ashland. They do have to compete with Casey's pizza. It amazes me that the city of Ashland can't support a bar with food when other cities near by like Mead and Memphis manage to do so.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:39 pm Is there still a Breadeaux Pizza in Ashland and Syracuse?

This brings back memories from the late 80’s. I remember Breadeaux Pizza in Olde Town Bellevue.. There is/was a bar across the street that served excellent fried chicken and jo jo’s. I forget the name of that place though...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

They were great when they were here. Great beef and mushroom
Go Cubs Go