Council Bluffs Christmas decorations

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Pino
New to the Neighborhood

Council Bluffs Christmas decorations

Post by Pino »

:hi:

hey people!  i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get up to the house that you can see off of the I-80 I-29 S interchange.  the house is located on a bluff, and since i live in Omaha, and my girl lives in CB... i thought it'd be romantic/awesome for me to find this for her and take her up there.

if anyone could help me, that would be great!

Thanks,
Pino
EastCB
Library Board

Post by EastCB »

This is located at 162 Woodbury Cir in CB.  However, I don't know how close you can get to it as the driveway is very long off of the street.
Pino
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Pino »

awesome!
Thanks for the heads up on the location and whatnot.

are there any other decorated houses that i should check out?
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

The Forest Glen subdivision always has a great display of lights.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

Hey icejammer: have you seen or heard why CB has not yet put up the lights along broadway like they have in years past?  You know, the ones shaped like candles, stockings, etc that are wrapped in garland that hang from the light poles?  My fiance and i were wondering what the hold-up is, i mean surely it can't have anything to do with running them, they already own them and just have to pay the electric bill (which they've done for years).  What do you think?
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Well, some of the decorations along Broadway were getting a little worn and dated, plus the City has gone to considerable effort to put up lots of lighting along downtown streets and in Bayliss Park.  If you haven't seen all those lights, check it out.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

icejammer wrote:Well, some of the decorations along Broadway were getting a little worn and dated, plus the City has gone to considerable effort to put up lots of lighting along downtown streets and in Bayliss Park.  If you haven't seen all those lights, check it out.
Ah, i gotcha...yeah, i saw them; i just get a little nostalgic around this time of year (ok, a lot nostalgic) and they were always a facet of driving down broadway in the winter time.  It was so cool when it would snow, i just kinda miss that with all the snow we've been having.  I wish i still believed in Santa, too...haha.