Hooters

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Hooters

Post by Coyote »

Hooters plans to open restaurant in Bluffs
NonPareil wrote:Hooters, the national restaurant known for its wings, burgers and buxom waitresses, may set up shop in Council Bluffs...
Hooters is known nationally for its wings, shrimp, clams, burgers and beer, Buchan said.

The city's Planning Commission Tuesday night gave a positive review on plans for a Hooters restaurant to be built west of South 29th Street between 23rd and 24th avenues near the Mid-America Center
Hmmm. So what is Hooters really best know for?
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

Coyote wrote:Hooters plans to open restaurant in Bluffs
NonPareil wrote:Hooters, the national restaurant known for its wings, burgers and buxom waitresses, may set up shop in Council Bluffs...
Hooters is known nationally for its wings, shrimp, clams, burgers and beer, Buchan said.

The city's Planning Commission Tuesday night gave a positive review on plans for a Hooters restaurant to be built west of South 29th Street between 23rd and 24th avenues near the Mid-America Center
Hmmm. So what is Hooters really best know for?
It'd be nice if they would just utilize "The Plaza" instead of building new.  I've been told, however, that the plaza's rent is too high, and that's what is keeping major facilities out of it (aside from Famous Dave's and the chiropractor's office).
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

If this is true, it pretty much squashes the Hooters in the Old Market rumor I heard (Iler building thread). I didn't put too much stock in that one anyhow.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Good, Hooters doesn't belong in the old market.
icejammer
County Board

Hooters

Post by icejammer »

Another good "get" for the MAC-area.
Daily Nonpareil wrote:]The city's Planning Commission Tuesday night gave a positive review on plans for a Hooters restaurant to be built west of South 29th Street between 23rd and 24th avenues near the Mid-America Center. The plans now go to the City Council for final approval.

With the council's blessing, construction of the facility would start in the spring and finish up in late June or early July, owner Pat Buchan said. The 5,000-square-foot restaurant would hold around 200 customers and would employ between 40 and 60 people, he said. The building's entrance would face South 29th Street, with patio seating along the south side. There would be 101 parking stalls. . . .

Prior to the commission's vote, John Jerkovich of Heartland Properties told the members that to bring in a famous chain like Hooters would attract other national businesses to the area around the MAC. . .
Last edited by icejammer on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

A good addition to add to the diversity of the MAC area though!
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

some go for the food, i stay for the atmosphere.
Go Cubs Go
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Just a friendly reminder to a few, the forum is to comment on development, not to display your ignorance about Council Bluffs.  Thank you
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

icejammer wrote:Just a friendly reminder to a few, the forum is to comment on development, not to display your ignorance about Council Bluffs.  Thank you
Hey, be glad we allow CB discussions on an Omaha forum.   :;):

-Big E
Stable genius.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

. . . Plans to build a Hooter's Restaurant will also be reviewed by the council. The national chain, known for its wings and burgers, plans to set up shop west of South 29th Street between 23rd and 24th avenues near the Mid-America Center.

With the council's blessing, construction of the 4,928-square-foot restaurant will begin in the spring and be open for business in late June or early July, according to owner Pat Buchan.

It will accommodate about 200 customers and employ up to 60 people, he said. This would be only the second Hooters in the metro area, the other located near 121st Street and West Center Road in Omaha.

--William Jennings Bryan
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Daily Nonpareil wrote:Plans to build a Hooter's Restaurant also got the green light. The national chain, known for its wings, burgers and waitresses, plans to set up shop west of South 29th Street between 23rd and 24th avenues near the Mid-America Center. Construction of the 4,928-square-foot restaurant will begin in the spring, with an opening planned for mid-summer.

It will accommodate about 200 customers and employ up to 60 people.

--William Jennings Bryan
Raraavis
Library Board

Post by Raraavis »

They could do real well if they stay open late.  Keep the bar open until 2 am and serve food until 3 am.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Ground has been broken, sign announcing future location is up, won't be long now for some of those famous wings....

--William Jennings Bryan
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

icejammer wrote:Ground has been broken, sign announcing future location is up, won't be long now for some of those famous wings....
Now they are called "wings" ??
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Hooters pouring floor Wednesday
While the weather put a damper on many construction projects, contractors working on Hooters, 2910 24th Ave., finally caught a break and expect to pour the floor on Wednesday. . .

It was a chore just to lay the foundation, plumbing and electrical groundwork, according to Buchan; but he is excited to see the finished Hooters Prototype 3.

"It's the latest and the greatest and only the third one being built," he said. "We're looking at the first week to the middle of July." . . .

--William Jennings Bryan
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

A "finished Hooter's Prototype 3."  Sounds like a new product offered by plastic surgeons in time for high school graduation in the O.C.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Any word on when this Hooters opens? Is it open now? I looked online and found a lot of hiring stuff but it's not listed on the Hooters main website yet.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

I'd say they still have several weeks of work to go.  Definitely not meeting their initial planned opening.

--William Jennings Bryan
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Hooters to open Aug. 18
. . . The new Hooters restaurant at 2910 24th Ave. is set to open Monday, Aug. 18, officials confirmed Monday.

The 5,000-square-foot building will seat about 180 customers and will have an outdoor deck that will seat an additional 60, said Darren Taylor, co-owner of IN Hoot, which also owns Hooters restaurants in Omaha, Des Moines and Davenport. . . .

The restaurant, which includes a full-service bar, is known for its burgers, wings and waitresses, but it also offers a children's menu and birthday party options and lets children eat free on Wednesdays. . . .

--William Jennings Bryan
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Hooters gears up for opening
The Council Bluffs Hooters' nest is finished. Employee training was held at the restaurant at 2910 24th Ave. during the past week to prepare for Monday's opening. . . .

The restaurant will offer a varied menu, from Hooterstizers such as the popular chicken wings, buffalo shrimp and fried pickles to grilled chicken salad options to burgers and other sandwiches, seafood and more chicken. There is also a children's menu. The eatery will contain a full-service bar, Buchan said.

And then there are the Hooters Girls.

"We're trying to get 60 to 80 of them - a minimum of 50," he said. "We'll bring them in from other stores, if we need to."

The 5,000-square-foot restaurant will seat about 180 customers, including 17 or 18 at the bar. The restaurant will have an outdoor patio that will seat an additional 60.

Sports fans won't have to look far to find a game. There will be 14 42-inch, flat-screen TVs placed throughout the restaurant, said Buchan.

The Council Bluffs store is one of only a handful of Hooters built according to a new design, Buchan said. The new plan is a good one, he said. The kitchen and bar are laid out better, and the building is more attractive. . . .

The Council Bluffs restaurant will be open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

the food isn't too bad, though i prefer Quaker Steak's wings...but the scenery is nice.
Go Cubs Go
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

So hows the scenery at this Hooters as compared the center st.? I'm thinking about going tonight.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Anyone remember the holy heck storm that was kicked up when the one on Center opened in '91-ish?  If I remember right it was right around the same time Ice T and Body Count were playing at Ranch Bowl on the heels of their single "Cop Killer".

I felt like I was living in the town from Footloose for awhile.
Stable genius.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

S33 wrote:So hows the scenery at this Hooters as compared the center st.? I'm thinking about going tonight.
not bad; there are 9 girls from out of town that are helping open it i guess...naturally they are good or else i don't think hooters would have flown them in :P
Go Cubs Go
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

thenewguy wrote:
S33 wrote:So hows the scenery at this Hooters as compared the center st.? I'm thinking about going tonight.
not bad; there are 9 girls from out of town that are helping open it i guess...naturally they are good or else i don't think hooters would have flown them in :P
Yeah, so I went to Hooters the other day (after the out of town trainers left) and the service sucked. They brought us the wrong food and waitresses did not interact with any of the patrons. Once we got the food it was quite good though. Just thought I would share.

Forgot to mention, they must have had their "C" team working...they looked more like Golden Corral girls.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

It's been some time since I've gone to the West Center Hooters... but I don't recall being too impressed with the girls there either.
waitresses did not interact with any of the patrons
So did you get a doggy bag so you could take it home and interact with yourself??
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Stargazer wrote:It's been some time since I've gone to the West Center Hooters... but I don't recall being too impressed with the girls there either.
waitresses did not interact with any of the patrons
So did you get a doggy bag so you could take it home and interact with yourself??
I'm not sure a doggy bag was necessary unless it's to go over their heads???
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Stargazer wrote:It's been some time since I've gone to the West Center Hooters... but I don't recall being too impressed with the girls there either.
I would hope not... You have kids that age :;):
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

S33 wrote:Yeah, so I went to Hooters the other day (after the out of town trainers left) and the service sucked. They brought us the wrong food and waitresses did not interact with any of the patrons. Once we got the food it was quite good though. Just thought I would share.
Wow, quite the opposite experience I had, the service was very good and the food was average (of course, I've never been to a Hooters where the food was above average).  Certainly better than "Golden Corral girls."

--William Jennings Bryan
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

Hooters is not only here to stay in Council Bluffs, but remodeling efforts are underway to make it better.
Hooters of America, LLC, on Wednesday announced plans to reopen two Iowa Hooters locations: Hooters of Council Bluffs, located at 2910 23rd Ave. and Hooters of Davenport. The formerly franchised venues have been temporarily closed to bring these restaurants under Hooters of America’s ownership and to refresh and improve the popular casual dining eateries, with the intention to reopen in late July, according to a statement from the company.
Hooters is not only here to stay in Council Bluffs, but remodeling efforts are underway to make it better.

Hooters of America, LLC, on Wednesday announced plans to reopen two Iowa Hooters locations: Hooters of Council Bluffs, located at 2910 23rd Ave. and Hooters of Davenport. The formerly franchised venues have been temporarily closed to bring these restaurants under Hooters of America’s ownership and to refresh and improve the popular casual dining eateries, with the intention to reopen in late July, according to a statement from the company.
The restaurant will not expand physically in it’s 23rd Avenue location, however, Highsmith said the interior of the building will get a new look.

http://www.southwestiowanews.com/counci ... 04585.html