Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Taste of Council Bluffs

Post by Brad »

Taste of Council Bluffs

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10611801
Nichole Aksamit, OWH wrote:Bluffs offers its own 'Taste'

Council Bluffs is hosting its first Taste of Council Bluffs next month.

The event will run from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. May 8 and 9 in Bayliss Park, in conjunction with a Kansas City Barbecue Society-sponsored barbecue contest and the 30th annual "Celebrate CB" festivities.

Taste chairman Arlo Burk said the event aims to showcase foods from at least a dozen local eateries and caterers.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Daily Nonpareil wrote:Tastebuds are invited to Celebrate CB’s 30th year. On Friday and Saturday, May 8 and 9, city restaurants and vendors will fill Bayliss Park and citizens’ stomachs.

The Taste of CB event will feature Old River Pizza, Boxer BBQ, Tiki Ice, Dog House, 1892 German Bier Haus, Smokin’ Barbeque, Celebration Catering, North Broadway Hy-Vee and free samples from Dr. Pepper and Snapple. More local businesses may still sign up.

“We thought it would be something new and fun,” said Arlo Burk, chair of Taste of CB.

There’s no admission.

The event runs May 8 and 9 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. each day. For more information, go online to www.celebratecb.org
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

who's all going?  I'm thinking about popping down there, should be a good time!
Go Cubs Go
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

not too bad, though the cold front brought a solid breeze and it got a little cool.  I noticed many tents/signs blowing, but it was good nonetheless.  There were people from west fargo, north dakota, st. paul, minnesota, cedar rapids, bellevue, omaha, council bluffs, and some others that didn't have signs from what city they belonged.  The band that played was pretty decent; played 'brown eyed girl,' and 'mustang sally,' amongst others.  Good food, too!  

Worth going if you're able to.
Go Cubs Go
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I attended briefly late this morning.  I had some barbeque and chatted with some friends I met.  Bayliss Park is so very beautiful.  I wish we had something like that in Omaha.  Downtown CB has a lot of charm.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:I attended briefly late this morning.  I had some barbeque and chatted with some friends I met.  Bayliss Park is so very beautiful.  I wish we had something like that in Omaha.  Downtown CB has a lot of charm.
DT Council Bluffs is really cool (historic main street looking).

My family had a good time over there this weekend.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

Brad wrote:
nativeomahan wrote:I attended briefly late this morning.  I had some barbeque and chatted with some friends I met.  Bayliss Park is so very beautiful.  I wish we had something like that in Omaha.  Downtown CB has a lot of charm.
DT Council Bluffs is really cool (historic main street looking).

My family had a good time over there this weekend.
if only we could get the rest of the town on board... :;):  I love the changes they're making, i'm hoping it spills west onto broadway!
Go Cubs Go