Chieftain - Grant Wood "Corn Room"

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I am about 99.9999% sure we had this thread somewhere, but I can't find it???

Courthouse eyed for mural display

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091027/N ... 79956/1009
Jon Leu WORLD-HERALD NEWS SERVICE wrote:The council has commitments for 13 of the 25 mural segments that have been identified. The first three are being worked on at the Gerald R. Ford Conservation Center in Omaha.

Although there is still much to be done before the segments are ready for display, council officials are already looking forward to — and planning for — a display of the mural segments.

Council officials have talked with Pottawattamie County Board members about displaying the mural segments in the courthouse lobby. Ideally, Miller said, he would like to mount the display in late 2010.

“We all thought it was a great idea to preserve and display the mural segments,” said County Board member Lynn Leaders who, along with other board member, agreed that the county would contribute $9,000 to the drive to raise $120,000 for the conservation effort.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

There was, but I don't see it.  Bizarre
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

icejammer wrote:There was, but I don't see it.  Bizarre
I thought so.  Grant Wood is one of my favorite artists so I know I would have been more in to that topic than others.