Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

the "real" Field of Dreams for sale

Post by Brad »

Field of Dreams: Will buyers come?

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100513/N ... uyers-come
Omaha World-Herald wrote:DYERSVILLE, Iowa (AP) - The owners of the “Field of Dreams” movie site near Dyersville have put the place up for sale.

Don and Becky Lansing say they love the land, which has been in Don Lansing's family for more than a century, but they think its time to give it up.

The “Field of Dreams” is in the middle of a cornfield. The movie, based on the book “Shoeloess Joe” written by W.P. Kinsella, and featuring Kevin Costner was released in 1989. The site has been a popular tourist destination since.

For sale is a baseball diamond, a two bedroom house, six outbuildings, and a 193-acre parcel of land. The Lansings haven't listed a sale price
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: the "real" Field of Dreams for sale

Post by skinzfan23 »

The Field of Dreams owners are proposing 9 youth baseball and softball diamonds, a hotel and dorms for the sight. I like the thought, but that is a place that is going to lose its charm if they build all that.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

New 'Field of Dreams' movie site owners unveil plans for youth baseball and softball complex

The new owners of the "Field of Dreams" movie site hope people will come to the iconic farm again, just as James Earl Jones’ character prophesied in the 1989 film. And, now, they're planning to give people another reason to come.

Go the Distance, which owns and operates the site, was scheduled to announce a massive makeover Thursday morning, using $80 million in private investment to build youth baseball and softball fields, team dormitories and a hotel, among other improvements, near the movie site, in rural Dyersville, Iowa.

https://sports.yahoo.com/field-dreams-m ... p_catchall
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

We stopped there on our way back from Wisconsin Dells in 2018. We like to hit up roadside attractions and Field of Dreams seemed like a good one that trip. It's pretty cool if you're a fan of the movie. Go in late Summer if you want the corn tall and green like in the movie. The pizza at Chad's Pizza in Dyersville is pretty good too (totally went there just because we share a name... lol).
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

‘Field of Dreams' actor coming to Omaha for special screening of the film

Tickets are now on sale for a special screening of the 1989 film "Field of Dreams" at the Omaha Community Playhouse, bringing one of the actors to Omaha for a good cause.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Ticket details released for minor league game between Cedar Rapids Kernels and Quad City River Bandits to be played at the Field of Dreams on August 9th :

The tickets will first be made available to fans with Iowa and Illinois zip codes. The general public will be also be able to buy tickets, starting at 10 a.m. on July 8.

Ticket prices are $85 per ticket for tip-up seats and $65 for bench style seating. The tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Is it just me or does anyone else think these prices are ridiculous. I wonder what the turnout will be. Yes, this is the Field of Dreams, but it is Single-A baseball :roll:
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

skinzfan23 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:39 pm Ticket details released for minor league game between Cedar Rapids Kernels and Quad City River Bandits to be played at the Field of Dreams on August 9th :

The tickets will first be made available to fans with Iowa and Illinois zip codes. The general public will be also be able to buy tickets, starting at 10 a.m. on July 8.

Ticket prices are $85 per ticket for tip-up seats and $65 for bench style seating. The tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Is it just me or does anyone else think these prices are ridiculous. I wonder what the turnout will be. Yes, this is the Field of Dreams, but it is Single-A baseball :roll:
I agree. If I am going to see a minor league game there, and these are the prices, I would even pause at paying that if it was the Storm Chasers. No way I'd pay that to see some other team, I think that's higher than when we had the AAA All Star Game here.

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

$6M state award stays with ‘Field of Dreams’ TV project despite lack of streaming partner

DES MOINES — The $6 million in taxpayer funding awarded to a “Field of Dreams” TV series will remain dedicated to the project, despite a recent report that the show is currently without a broadcast home, Gov. Kim Reynolds’ office said Tuesday. The entertainment publication Variety recently reported that the series, which would be based on the iconic 1989 movie that was largely filmed in Iowa, no longer will be streamed on Peacock, a channel owned and operated by NBCUniversal.

The project is shopping for a new broadcast partner, Variety reported. The state of Iowa awarded $6 million in funding to the project via the state’s Destination Iowa program, which is run by the state economic development department and is designed to attract visitors and new residents to the state. Destination Iowa was funded by $100 million in federal pandemic relief funding. While the $6 million had not yet been appropriated to the “Field of Dreams” TV project, that funding will remain dedicated to the project until it begins operating, the governor’s office confirmed.

As of June 27, the state had awarded $16.5 million in Destination Iowa funding to four projects:

$6 million to the “Field of Dreams” TV series
$7 million to the Siouxland Regional Trail System
$2.5 million to Polk County’s Easter Lake North Shore Project
$1 million to a project connecting trails in central Iowa
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

MLB Field of Dreams game coming to Birmingham’s Rickwood Field in 2024, report says

Major League Baseball is coming to Birmingham, according to a report. In 2024, MLB will bring the San Francisco Giants and St. Louis Cardinals to historic Rickwood Field for the Field of Dreams game, reports CBSSports.com. Rickwood is the oldest baseball park in America.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Baseball Zen:
Field of Dreams

The first MLB game in Iowa was a magical experience for fans. Sit back and soak in more iconic images and moments with some baseball zen