Vote could bring lightrail to Tampa.

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Vote could bring lightrail to Tampa.

Post by Bosco55David »

I know it's not Omaha, but it's interesting none the less and probably relevant in the grand scheme of things considering Tampa and Omaha are very comparable in size and population so the comparisons will inevitably be drawn.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/p ... ht-rail%29
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

I think light rail (and the necessary well-designed feeder bus system) is much more important in Tampa, as it will be essential to making the high-speed rail service easy to use and viable.

It will be very interesting to see how the sales-tax vote goes.  If it does pass, I think it will show a commitment to investing in sustainable infrastructure.  I won't be surprised if it fails, though, in the face of tea-party campaigning and a general fear in a recession.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Seth wrote:It will be very interesting to see how the sales-tax vote goes.  If it does pass, I think it will show a commitment to investing in sustainable infrastructure.  I won't be surprised if it fails, though, in the face of tea-party campaigning and a general fear in a recession.
Or in the face of people who generally understand that the free-for-all party is over, there is no more money and won't be for a very long time to come. It's time to start paying, not creating debt.

The proposal sounds lovely and could be very beneficial, but just like anything else, you have to wait until you can afford it.