Texas: major buget, health, poverty and environment problems

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Erik
Parks & Recreation

Texas: major buget, health, poverty and environment problems

Post by Erik »

You guys have to see how bad it is right now.  Here is a link to the PDF made by a score of national and state statisticians.  It is actually so bad, that they only score well on tax rates. Everything else is so bad that they are lucky to be out of the top 10 for the worst of anything.

http://shapleigh.org/system/reporting_d ... ments3.pdf
Last edited by Erik on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Erik, it is a freaking political ad, bud. I wouldn't go writing a thesis with the information you've obtained from that article.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

S33 wrote:Erik, it is a freaking political ad, bud. I wouldn't go writing a thesis with the information you've obtained from that article.
I didn't get a chance to read it all (due to all of my schooling right now).  It is worth a look and research when time allots.  It very well could be a corrupted piece, but I haven't been able to verify either.  That said, you are probably right!
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

It may be politically biased in the point being made, but the facts are the facts.  Are you going to dispute anything the fine Senator from Texas is saying?
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

No. but I will challenge him to stop being such a douch*bag and recognize that Texas is not, in fact, "on the breaking point" and that Texas remains one of the most solid and economically prosperous states in the union and has remained so while many other states were begging for a handout.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I think that has changed

What California should learn from the Texas budget crisis

The so-called Texas Miracle is in trouble, demonstrating that fashioning fiscal policies strictly along low-tax lines doesn't protect you from budget deficits or business slumps or make your residents necessarily happy or healthy.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb/09 ... k-20110209