KC Business in 2011

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

KC Business in 2011

Post by Greg S »

A quick read, pretty interesting.  Looking forward to the aquarium and LegoLand this year.  My boys will love it.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/12/26/33 ... iness.html
Linkin5
County Board

Re: KC Business in 2011

Post by Linkin5 »

Greg S wrote:A quick read, pretty interesting.  Looking forward to the aquarium and LegoLand this year.  My boys will love it.

KC is a great city always love visiting and has great development.  With that said a lot of their recent BIG projects have a lot to do with Omaha.  In the early 2000s while Omaha was getting things done, a lot of criticism came with the thought "if Omaha can can get things done why can't we?"
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Re: KC Business in 2011

Post by Seth »

Linkin5 wrote:
Greg S wrote:A quick read, pretty interesting.  Looking forward to the aquarium and LegoLand this year.  My boys will love it.

KC is a great city always love visiting and has great development.  With that said a lot of their recent BIG projects have a lot to do with Omaha.  In the early 2000s while Omaha was getting things done, a lot of criticism came with the thought "if Omaha can can get things done why can't we?"
Yeah, except their streetcar plans are very close to construction, while our are in the back of a dusty file cabinet somewhere.  Granted, KC has more viability to have them first.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

To my knowledge, KC does not have a continuous corridor(s) of development dissimilar to Omaha to justify streetcar. But no, we have to stop dumping out poop in the river for the next 15 years before we can consider streetcar on an Omaha scale.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

S33 wrote:To my knowledge, KC does not have a continuous corridor(s) of development dissimilar to Omaha to justify streetcar. But no, we have to stop dumping out poop in the river for the next 15 years before we can consider streetcar on an Omaha scale.
Brad wrote:The signs have been up since August.
The Union Station to River Market route down Main Street is a pretty continuous corridor conducive to streetcar service.  River Market is a big draw, Power and Light is in the middle, and there are quite a few other bars and restaurants on the route.  I think it has a lot of potential, and from the current momentum, it's pretty close to becoming reality.

I really hope KC get's theirs off the ground and it can become a positive example of what Omaha could do.  I agree, though, that Omaha has a lot of other |expletive| going on (literally, as you pointed out), so I don't expect much anytime soon.  I figure it doesn't have much of a chance of going anywhere until we have a new mayor.  I don't think Suttle has any political capitol left to expend on something like this.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Yeah, KC has it set up pretty well for the routes of the Streetcars.

Greg
mgsports
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mgsports »

Know for 2012 Toby Keith's I love this Bar and Grill is coming back this time to Mission Gateway with others to be with Sprouts,Wal-Mart Supercenter and others