New Office Tower (OKC)

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

modernism
New to the Neighborhood

New Office Tower (OKC)

Post by modernism »

Looks like downtown OKC will be getting yet another new office tower, they are really on the move:

http://newsok.com/downtown-oklahoma-cit ... le/3866102
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Good for them. Devon Tower looks awesome. I hope some of their good vibes come our way. It's a shame that they are going to do away with that building. For however ugly it might be, I kind of like it.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Nice!  Devon is an awesome tower as well.  Its too bad they couldn't build on a different plot, in 25 years I think people will say I can't believe we used to have an interesting building like that.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

The Nebraska State Capitol is STILL the pecker of the plains...
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

NovakOmaha wrote:The Nebraska State Capitol is STILL the pecker of the plains...
No kidding. I wonder if they built it, stepped back to look at it for a minute and thought, "...|expletive|."
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

RNcyanide wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:The Nebraska State Capitol is STILL the pecker of the plains...
No kidding. I wonder if they built it, stepped back to look at it for a minute and thought, "...|expletive|."
For what it's worth, I didn't type pecker.  It was P E N I S
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

NovakOmaha wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:
For what it's worth, I didn't type pecker.  It was P E N I S
Because pecker is a more suitable replacement for an anatomical term  :mrgreen:

The Bride
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

RNcyanide wrote:No kidding. I wonder if they built it, stepped back to look at it for a minute and thought, "...|expletive|."
How about the Flatiron Building in Manhattan?

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, do a Google Image search for "phallic flatiron building" and you will get hundreds of photos.)
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Omababe wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:No kidding. I wonder if they built it, stepped back to look at it for a minute and thought, "...|expletive|."
How about the Flatiron Building in Manhattan?

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, do a Google Image search for "phallic flatiron building" and you will get hundreds of photos.)
I suppose one could say that a skyscraper is nothing more than a glamorized phallus to begin with. Phallic symbols have always been associated with power.

EDIT: I finally got around to it. I see what you mean.

The Bride
dmoor82
New to the Neighborhood

Re: New Office Tower (OKC)

Post by dmoor82 »

*Update* OKC will get four towers on the North and South parcels of this development. 4 towers, two around 20 floors and the other two around 25-26 floors and 400'ft tall. There are also strong rumblings that OKC will see a taller skyscraper just to the North of this development on Main & Hudson, also OKC will see a convention center hotel tower just to the South. Possibly 6-7 towers could be going up in OKC in the next 2-3 years, four for sure.http://newsok.com/article/5349013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Thats some huge development right there. 4 ~25 floor buildings at one time is an insane bump for the OKC skyline.

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Good for them. Looks kinda like the 'Sky House' thing that was posted in another thread a while back. Maybe if we can play our cards right, we can get one of our projects off the ground by the time they finish theirs.

The Bride