Greg S
City Council

Re: 800 Room Convention Hotel Annoinced for KCMO

Post by Greg S »

Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

It's now topped out. Total cost up $45 million to $367 million. It's gone up fast, just saw it a couple weeks ago. Opens in the Spring.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... YifQ%3D%3D
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

Was in KC yesterday, this hotel looks nice but nothing spectacular. But still a decent addition to the city skyline, it’s a little bulky looking in my opinion. Approximate height is 260 ft. A little taller than our Omaha World herald building.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Cermak wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:30 pm Was in KC yesterday, this hotel looks nice but nothing spectacular. But still a decent addition to the city skyline, it’s a little bulky looking in my opinion. Approximate height is 260 ft. A little taller than our Omaha World herald building.
Yeah that will be great for downtown KC having that many more bodies near Power and Light.

The building downtown that really caught my eye was over at hospital hill near Crown Center area. Was surprised at the size and how cool it looked.

Greg
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

Not sure which building your talking about, maybe you can find it on google earth and include a picture. I’ve always thought KC has many nice buildings in the 10-20 story range. They don’t have alot of really tall buildings like say Austin Texas has, but they have a good and sizable collection of medium height buildings, especially around the Plaza, Crown center and Overland Park.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Cermak wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:53 pm Not sure which building your talking about, maybe you can find it on google earth and include a picture. I’ve always thought KC has many nice buildings in the 10-20 story range. They don’t have alot of really tall buildings like say Austin Texas has, but they have a good and sizable collection of medium height buildings, especially around the Plaza, Crown center and Overland Park.
It's under construction. I believe it's this one:

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... -hill.html

Greg
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

Thanks for the pic, looks like another nice looking mid-rise for KC. If Omaha is not able to build 30 and 40 story skyscrapers. We should try and add more 10-15 story buildings to the city core and burbs. Sometimes it seems we have to many 3-4 story suburban office buildings and it creates sorta a blah look.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Cermak wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:20 pm Thanks for the pic, looks like another nice looking mid-rise for KC. If Omaha is not able to build 30 and 40 story skyscrapers. We should try and add more 10-15 story buildings to the city core and burbs. Sometimes it seems we have to many 3-4 story suburban office buildings and it creates sorta a blah look.
Yeah it's very cool looking. It sits on a hill and has the presence of a high rise and really dominates the southern part of KC's downtown. Actually more east of the crossroads area. Not sure if that's technically still downtown but in that area. Adds to the height in the Crown Center region down there.

Greg
strangerthings
Library Board

Post by strangerthings »

Hotel is open. The highend lobby bar is one of the hottest things in KC now. Staff tells me its full most nights. It is pretty common to see the streets around Lowes filled with parked, fancy cars now.