Drones & Hor Air Balloons over Falls in Sioux Falls

Post by Uffda »

Kind of a cool video made with drone

[youtube][/youtube]
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: Drones & Hor Air Balloons over Falls in Sioux Falls

Post by skinzfan23 »

Wow, very nice video....thanks for posting. I love Sioux Falls, can't wait to go back. We last visited 3 years ago and I was amazed at how much they had for only being 168,000 (although they are the fastest growing mid-size city in the midwest)

Do you know if the rock formation for the falls is natural or is it man-made? I think it is natural, but I was wondering if they adjusted the flow by adding additional rock or if it has always looked like that.
Uffda
County Board

Re: Drones & Hor Air Balloons over Falls in Sioux Falls

Post by Uffda »

skinzfan23 wrote:Wow, very nice video....thanks for posting.

Do you know if the rock formation for the falls is natural or is it man-made? I think it is natural, but I was wondering if they adjusted the flow by adding additional rock or if it has always looked like that.

All natural waterfall - changes as Erosion changes it.

The Falls of the Big Sioux River have been a focus of life in the region throughout history. Native American peoples were the first to visit the falls and bring stories of them to European explorers. They have been the center of recreation and industry since the founding of the city in 1856.

At Falls Park, located at North Phillips Avenue and Falls Park Drive, visitors can see the city's namesake as well as some of the first buildings built in Sioux Falls.

http://visitsiouxfalls.com/things-to-do/falls-park/

Today, the park covers 123 acres. An average of 7,400 gallons of water drop 100 feet over the course of the Falls each second.