Target will open store in Uptown

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Uffda
County Board

Target will open store in Uptown

Post by Uffda »

For those looking for a Target downtown -- here is a possibility

The Minneapolis-based retailer is building its smallest-format store in one of the city's hippest neighborhoods, which is a magnet for young professionals. The new store, to open in October 2017, will occupy the ground floor of a new office and apartment building on the site of the former Cheapo music store along Lake Street.

http://www.startribune.com/target-will- ... 365447611/
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: Target will open store in Uptown

Post by RNcyanide »

Why can't we have nice things like that? I'd kill to see a chain stores like Target or a department store downtown or in midtown.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Busguy2010
County Board

Re: Target will open store in Uptown

Post by Busguy2010 »

RNcyanide wrote:Why can't we have nice things like that? I'd kill to see a chain stores like Target or a department store downtown or in midtown.
Our culture doesn't support that kind of development. Just think of all the places that are in Midtown that are within a 10 minute drive of any street corner and have easily accessible parking lots. I think our best bet would be to have Hy-Vee build something like that somewhere between 20th and 480. I say that because they don't have a presence near Downtown, and the only competition is the Supermercado. They are the only grocer we could get close to investing in the community in that kind of way.