Riding Oklahoma City's whitewater rapids

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Uffda
County Board

Riding Oklahoma City's whitewater rapids

Post by Uffda »

I saw this on the Saturday morning news

JUNE 4, 2016, 8:11 AM|A spectacular new attraction for outdoor adventurers can be found in an unlikely place: downtown Oklahoma City, where officials have transformed a trouble spot for the city into some of the most thrilling whitewater rapids around. Meg Oliver reports.

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: Riding Oklahoma City's whitewater rapids

Post by RNcyanide »

Might be nice for the Storz site...
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Uffda wrote:I saw this on the Saturday morning news

JUNE 4, 2016, 8:11 AM|A spectacular new attraction for outdoor adventurers can be found in an unlikely place: downtown Oklahoma City, where officials have transformed a trouble spot for the city into some of the most thrilling whitewater rapids around. Meg Oliver reports.

I was in Bend, OR for work recently and they have a similar project, it even has space for surfing. However they did there's directly on the river. And it is free to use. In a city of ~80k.
http://www.bendparksandrec.org/bend-whitewater-park/
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

That looks fun. That adds something to that city...

The heartbeat of Okla City is difficult for me to put my finger on. I definitely like their skyline more with that new skyscraper. I think it is a nice city. It just is a town with a "soul" I don't quite understand -- at least yet. I've driven through it on city boulevards (avoiding the freeway purposefully) to gain a better sense of it. Even some cities that are smaller, such as Omaha, feel more "spirited" to me. (It's probably partly because I'm simply not from there, not an Oklahoman.)
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.