City Council

Re: Voters approve new KCI

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:40 am

Good for KC. This is sorely needed.

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation

Postby NovakOmaha » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:15 am

Sorely needed yes. I think it's funny reading about the new KCI. When it's finished, whenever that is, it will for a time be the nation's newest airport. Just like every other newest airport in the nation. I am enjoying reading comments and stories about how cool it's going to be and how it will bring new service to KCI, including possibly international service. Really? A new airport will do all that? It will be so cool that airlines will expand service and London or Paris will be available non stop? That's a stretch.

The current KCI is horribly lacking in design. Gates are crowded, bathrooms, when available after security, are tiny, food and shopping are also severely lacking post security. Yep, it's awful. On the other hand, it is different. The new airport, IN MY OPINION, will be similar to other airports of that size...Indy, Columbus, etc. It will be another airport of a second tier city. About 1 million people per month will move through it. It won't make someone's socks roll up and down. It won't really give anyone a better or worse opinion of KC. About the best that can be hoped for is that people flying in or out won't have a any impression at all. As opposed to now people will use it and not stop thinking about something else. The current airport probably makes people stop thinking about other things for a bit and think about how bad the airport in Kansas City is. The BBQ will always give people a good impression. The distance from KCI to the south and west suburbs will give people a less than good impression but they'll get over it.

I don't know. Just a Monday thought.

Greg S
County Board

Postby Greg S » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 am

It's not the best for South and West suburbs but it is quick to downtown/convention center.

Greg

Return to “Elsewhere”