City Council

Post by Big E »

Yeah, but what about a J Crew? ;)

-Big E
Stable genius.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Big E wrote:Yeah, but what about a J Crew? ;)

-Big E
:lol: ..

Nice!..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

My oh my, we've all hit a nerve.

DTO, I am only calling them as I sees them. Just like you. While I am sure you will disagree, I just think you are not giving Des Moines proper credit. Central Iowa is different than eastern Nebraska. And in some ways, in my opinion, better. I will support my city and hope that our arena does better. However, I am not going to hide my head in the sand either. If I felt Des Moines was truly inferior then I would have no problem stating my opinion to such. We may become the next Austin or whatever. However, Des Moines will be a few notches better. And I still hold to the statement that in the long-run it is possible that the Des Moines metro could become larger than the Omaha. And of course that is not based on the projecting the last decade's growth rate into the future.

I am not really wishing their arena success, I am just acknowledging that, regardless of what I am hoping for, WFA will be a success.

Regarding all of our opinions, we will just have to wait and see. Time will tell. As far as the long-run possibilities I am referring to, they are beyond my lifetime. I will never know.

Bottom line: Des Moines has no need to look up to Omaha and Omaha has no right to look down at Des Moines.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

And Guy4Omaha..I'd be willing to bet my annual income until the day I retire (some 25 or so years worth) that Des Moines will NEVER become larger than Omaha even 100 years from now..NEVER..

:wink: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Okay... Okay already. :lol:

I am not willing to bet it will happen. Even though you would have to find a way to collect it from a corpse. I agree it's not probable even if it is possible.

However, (you knew there would be a clause like this didn't you)...

the population of the country as a whole is rising. 100 years from now both cities will be much larger. Metros will look completely different. New technologies, etc will have been developed. So its possible. heck, Sioux City could be sitting on top of some geological formation that is useless now and is like gold 100 years from now. Sioux City could become larger than Omaha and Des Moines? Okay, that's an even bigger stretch.

You win, I am sorry I ever brought the "possibility" up. So how far into the future do you think it is before we see Colorado Springs as a larger city than Omaha???? Hey, it could happen. Omaha used to be a lot larger than Seattle ..... a very long time ago.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Guy4Omaha posted:

'You win, I am sorry I ever brought the "possibility" up. So how far into the future do you think it is before we see Colorado Springs as a larger city than Omaha???? Hey, it could happen. Omaha used to be a lot larger than Seattle ..... a very long time ago.'..

Don't be sorry..I think it's great and I've enjoyed the dialog....

One day we'll have to shake on that bet in person :) ..

PS-Colorado Springs?..NEVER :lol: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:Guy4Omaha posted:

'You win, I am sorry I ever brought the "possibility" up. So how far into the future do you think it is before we see Colorado Springs as a larger city than Omaha???? Hey, it could happen. Omaha used to be a lot larger than Seattle ..... a very long time ago.'..

Don't be sorry..I think it's great and I've enjoyed the dialog....

One day we'll have to shake on that bet in person :) ..

PS-Colorado Springs?..NEVER :lol: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Woodbine?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Guy4Omaha posted:

'Woodbine?'..

Alright..You finally got me (waiving the white flag)!..

:lol: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!