OKC Fires

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

almighty_tuna
City Council

OKC Fires

Post by almighty_tuna »

I'm watching the coverage on CNN about the fires in Oklahoma City. So far they've given the population of OKC as in the lower 500,000's and then they just recently changed it to the 600,000's. They keep emphasizing OKC Proper. They just called the OKC Metro being at 600,000-800,000 people. Of course its a terrible tragedy, but its interesting how CNN deals with other midwestern cities.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Wow they are way off :oops:
15-17, 26, 32
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Only this forum would complain about that...terrible situation, but only we would pick out those numbers, I was thinking the same thing.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I have a feeling if Omaha was in the spot light for what ever we would be about 300,000 to 350,000…
15-17, 26, 32
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

pkiphd wrote:I have a feeling if Omaha was in the spot light for what ever we would be about 300,000 to 350,000…
Of course, they'd use the 1990 census stats...
Golden Eagle
Home Owners Association

Post by Golden Eagle »

Actually the fires were a great blessing, if you were to go back to any of the scorched spots around the metro, of course the trees are sort of... mahagony (there's a fancy word for any bad situation) but the grass is a lot greener than in other spots. It makes the land more fertile. I say burn the whole state...

I can't stand to watch cable news (Cnn OR Fox) but I can see that happening... 600,000 isn't even half of the population of the metro. I guess Cnn (Cable News Network) looks bad if the nation's Most Dogged City has more people than they have viewers.
http://okmet.org The talk of Oklahoma.

Oklahoma just aint Oklahoma anymore.

shane453

Post by shane453 »

The bad thing is that they emphasized "city proper" when it was probably a patch of completely undeveloped fields on one of our 600 square miles, miles away from any signs of civilization.

"Oh, so that's what OKC looks like... a big field... The people must live in sod homes beneath the ground or something..."
Golden Eagle
Home Owners Association

Post by Golden Eagle »

You mean you don't live in one of those? Mine doubles as a bomb bunker in case terrorists ever bust a cap in our A**es again. :D
http://okmet.org The talk of Oklahoma.

Oklahoma just aint Oklahoma anymore.