Iowa Travel Guide Goes Online

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

Iowa Travel Guide Goes Online

Post by icejammer »

I know a few of you won't be as thrilled as I about this, but take a peek sometime, there's a lot of things to see within 30 minutes of downtown worth your time:

Travel guide now available online
"The Iowa Tourism Office is excited to announce the release of the 2006 Iowa Travel Guide, but this year a new element will provide an amazing opportunity for people worldwide," said Nancy Landess, Iowa Tourism Manager.

By logging onto http://www.traveliowa.com, vacationers can view the 2006 Iowa Travel Guide page by page, anytime, anywhere. Identical to the print version, the photography, colors and information of the interactive version are as dynamic and vivid as a book. The interactive site is a preview of the guide people will receive if they order a copy. The 2006 publication contains 180 pages packed with updated information about Iowa's attractions, events, bed and breakfast inns and more.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
Calibraskan
Home Owners Association

Post by Calibraskan »

...Did some clicking around through this and it appears to be a well presented, novel way of translating a paper guide to the internet.

I didn't really have time to explore much, just some random pages.
But:
-The design of the Western Historic Trails Center building in C.B. caught my attention (stone and landscaping 8) ) and can't wait to check it out in the summer.

-Didn't know that Buffalo Bill was born in Scott County.

-Countless other intriguing sites worthy of further investigation.

Thanks for the 'heads up'! :wink:
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Calibraskan wrote:-Didn't know that Buffalo Bill was born in Scott County.

Thanks for the 'heads up'! :wink:
You're welcome!

I haven't been to the Cody birthplace in years. Used to go there every summer growing up - it was pretty neat for a kid anyway.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan