Saks Store in KC

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

Saks Store in KC

Post by Greg S »

Has anything been decided on this space yet? It's been over a year and that is a big chunk of valuable real estate that is sitting vacant at the Country Club Plaza.

Greg
PistolPete
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Saks Store in KC

Post by PistolPete »

Greg S wrote:Has anything been decided on this space yet? It's been over a year and that is a big chunk of valuable real estate that is sitting vacant at the Country Club Plaza.

Greg
After Crate and Barrel turned it down, it's going divided into 3 "upscale" stores. One of the rumored stores is Burberry. Construction has started...
KCPowercat
Home Owners Association

Post by KCPowercat »

Burberry, Mark Shale (moving from current location on plaza) and Sony Style. All 3 unique to the KC market.

Similiar question, has anything happened with the Saks in Minneapolis?
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Is Saks just going out of business nationwide?
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

No, when they closed their KC store it was among several smaller and under performing stores. Saks kept the bigger and profitable ones open.

Greg
chrizow
New to the Neighborhood

Post by chrizow »

Greg S wrote:No, when they closed their KC store it was among several smaller and under performing stores. Saks kept the bigger and profitable ones open.

Greg
aye. the Plaza Saks was a very small store - it didn't even have a men's section. it was basically a big women's/cosmetics store. Saks isn't doing so hot these days, esp. compared to Nordstrom and Neiman-Marcus, which are consistently very profitable.

i am pretty stoked about Saks closing. KC could use a Burberry. i don't have any opinion about Sony Style, and Mark Shale moving there opens up the current Mark Shale building, which is a very high-profile location. i am thinking Crate + Barrel or H+M will go there?