LA trip

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Big E
City Council

LA trip

Post by Big E »

Hey all. We're planning our trip to LA for the NU-USC game and are looking for some insight from those in the know of what/where is cool (and what will be cool in 10 weeks, since it changes every weekend out there). Unfortunately, my knowledge of LA is limited to what I've seen on Entourage.

Other than the game, we avoid the travelling lunatic fan congregations at all costs. We'll be there from LATE Thursday night, Sept 14th through Monday afternoon the 18th. Mainly, we're looking for cool eats and drinks (and could care less about going clubbing or anything like that) and places to relax and kill the time the rest of the weekend. Maybe some shopping that isn't the stereotypical Gucci and high-end designer stuff.

Anyone know of some really cool hotels in realy cool locations? We looked at the Mondrian in West Hollywood (which looked perfect), but that was about twice what we wanted to spend per night. Right now the Belamar in Manhattan Beach seems to be in the lead, but I don't know squat about the area.

Anyone know of an LA-centric eOmaha-esque forum to get some good advice like I did on the KC trip?

Looking forward to a state-wide smoking ban, BTW. :) Maybe I'll bring back some ideas!

-Big E
Stable genius.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

You might want to try asking people in the LA forums on skyscraperpage.com and/or skyscrapercity.com. I know the Chicago forums on those sites are very helpful w/ visitors and I'm assuming the LA forums are the same. I wish I would be going, sounds like fun.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Sorry I'm not going to be any help.

GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

the1wags wrote:GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:
I hope the HUSKERS beat them up!!!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

ALRIGHT JOSH! Go USC (only time I have ever rooted for the Trojans). I'm pretty sure the skrs will loose the game before they get off the bus.
15-17, 26, 32
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Don't go you'll get robbed. :)
DTO
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Think of all that smoke uh I mean smog.
15-17, 26, 32