Panama City skyline = [jawdrop]

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Panama City skyline = [jawdrop]

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

I was recently exposed to the skyline of Panama City and could almost not believe my eyes. It reminds me of Miami or Melbourne. But what REALLY made my jaw drop? Panama City has a METRO population of about 1.1 million people. There are only about 3 million people in the country. Obviously global shipping is hugely responsible, but WHOA! Many of the skyscrapers look residential...

Here are some photos from a quick Google search. None of these photos are my own.

As I mentioned, obviously global shipping and transportation has played a huge role in the city's skyline and density, but to anyone who thinks Omaha can't support MANY more skyscrapers, leading to MUCH increased density, well, are you paying attention?
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

It is called tourism.  Look at Honolulu, their metro population is not that much but because of their tourism they have a huge skyline.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Like I said, many buildings appear to be residential. They can't all be hotels, can they?
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

It doesn't look like they have a whole lot of land either so you get that Manhattan affect.
DTO
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Yeah I was definitely wrong, I checked out emporis and saw that a lot of the new buildings aren't hotels.  They have like 10+ buildings under construction that 800+ feet, incredible. Other cities that have incredible skylines for their size are Calgary and Vancouver, especially Calgary.
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

they also have a nice view, reasons why coastal cities like miami and honolulu have such huge skylines and why cities in the midwest of equal size do not