Coconut Point Mall -- FL -- Urban Living

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Uffda
County Board

Coconut Point Mall -- FL -- Urban Living

Post by Uffda »

I am down in Ft Myers for my daughter's graduation and she took me over to Coconut Point Mall.  This place makes village point look small and something many of you would like is many stores have second and third floor living spaces above them -- they had a sign up offering Urban Living

Thank you for visiting the Coconut Point website. We're very proud of our center and hope you enjoy your visit here! Coconut Point is the center of focus for a 500-acre, master planned community that is more than a shopping center.  The property includes 90,000 square feet of office condominiums, residential units, up to 1.2 million square feet of retail space, and a variety of great restaurants - all surrounding several acres of lakes with a boardwalk.  Coconut Point is the place for people to gather,shop, dine, work, play, see a new film - you name it;  in an open, Main Street-style shopping destination with Mediterranean Revival-style architecture that is designed to fit gracefully with the architectural flavor of Southwest Florida.

almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Sorry, love the urban living aspect of that, but have to go super off topic to say I love that part of the Gulf coast.  Shot a wedding on Marco Island last year and I couldn't believe it was actually called "work".  I can't say I enjoyed seeing the ridiculous (and epic fail of) sprawl from the air, nor driving through what seemed like swamp/forest and suddenly happening on a Wal-Mart.  But once I got to Marco Island and the beach...ahhhhhh....

(ok, now back to your regularly scheduled urban programming.)