Omaha Eppley Airfield

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Re: Omaha Eppley Airfield

Post by Ryan Air »

joleo wrote:
damonhynes wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:Still, what is up with United?
It is peculiar, to say the least. They're to airlines what CSX is to railroads.
Yes, they killed their schedule!

2 examples, on a Wednesday in January, the 1st flight to Houston was at 11:30am, the 1st flight to Denver was at 940am and the 1st flight to Chicago was at 820am. Couldn't make any connections in Denver or Houston going to Cancun like normal when Des Moines still had their standard morning flights to Houston and Denver that day that allowed for all the Caribbean connections. The 940am Denver plane spent the night the night before, all they had to do was have it leave 1 hour earlier at 840am vs 940am and then they would have allowed for a ton more connections in Denver vs only sending out a plane that was barely half full that day.

Second example, on a recent search Denver to Omaha, the 1st flight was at 3:20pm! For a business traveler airlines, this doesn't work at all. They have just killed Omaha with their super inconsistent schedule.

Note they go back to a good acceptable schedule for the summer though at good times and mix of 4-6 mainline flights per day. In May they are even up to 8 mainline per day vs 0 or 1 on some of the days in January and February. The inconstancy makes the business traveler furious and Delta and American offer MUCH more consistent schedules month to month. The Eppley management needs to be pointing this out to United if they haven't been already.

On the increase, 11% is crazy! I was expecting only 5%-6%. Way to go!!

An interesting tidbit, Air Canada went to 2x daily for the 2 Berkshire Meeting days in May. I wasn't expecting this!

NAIL ON THE HEAD about United’s inconsistency and how unbelievably ANNOYING it is for business folks.

I heard in November that United was transitioning OMA back to United employees and focusing on schedule/service in these mid sized markets. Clearly there isn’t any indication of that thus far.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Ryan Air wrote: NAIL ON THE HEAD about United’s inconsistency and how unbelievably ANNOYING it is for business folks.

I heard in November that United was transitioning OMA back to United employees and focusing on schedule/service in these mid sized markets. Clearly there isn’t any indication of that thus far.
Note: The following is snark and not aimed at Ryan Air

Did you hear it from the Omaha Mayor? I heard she said many times over the past few years that a large company was moving downtown...

::end snark::

Other airports showed increases in United pax. KC, OKC others. Regardless, OMA is growing with or without United having their sh*t together
Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

NovakOmaha wrote:
Ryan Air wrote: NAIL ON THE HEAD about United’s inconsistency and how unbelievably ANNOYING it is for business folks.

Note: The following is snark and not aimed at Ryan Air

Did you hear it from the Omaha Mayor? I heard she said many times over the past few years that a large company was moving downtown...

::end snark::

Other airports showed increases in United pax. KC, OKC others. Regardless, OMA is growing with or without United having their sh*t together

Ha! I know enough about politics that I’d never use them as a source. I have a friend who works in an operation center for United who casually mentioned their desire to remove contracted employees at various midsized airports - as well as concentrate on mainline service. I asked about Omaha.

United hasn’t had its sh*t together in a long time. I honestly can’t say, notwithstanding my buddy’s comments, I’ve ever heard anything from them that would indicate their excrement of a product coming together. They are what they are.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

iamjacobm wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:They used to be like clockwork, every 20th of the month. Give them till next week. I sense they are starting to think me a pest.
The 20th it is.

https://www.flyoma.com/images/pdfs/Janu ... istics.pdf

11.7% increase over January 2017. Growth continues.
Making the (massive) assumption that that is the growth rate for the year, that puts us at 5,151,499 for the year
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
blueblood
Home Owners Association

Post by blueblood »

Sorry if this has been asked before but here I go anyway. What size does an airport need to be to have some sort of a repair shop? In flying in and out of Omaha that has been my major headache. The bathroom on/off light switch requiring a mechanic and light bulb to be flown in from another airport.
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

NovakOmaha wrote:Still, what is up with United?
14.6% of their traffic on mainline is a travesty, no way around it. At this point, hopefully the airport authority is working with them to see why this happened/what can be done. Because...
NovakOmaha wrote: One thing in the story in the owh a while back from the director. He said it's about keeping the service Eppley has vs. concentrating on growing destinations. He's right. Eppley has been on an amazing growth trend. It's important to retain the flights they have instead of simply adding destinations.
I too agree with that and a large part of it is not only keeping destinations, but keeping the level of service to said destinations.
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

blueblood wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before but here I go anyway. What size does an airport need to be to have some sort of a repair shop? In flying in and out of Omaha that has been my major headache. The bathroom on/off light switch requiring a mechanic and light bulb to be flown in from another airport.
It is complicated and in double checking my response to this it turns out it is even more complicated... Generally at an out-station like Omaha, airlines will contract with a maintenance operation at the airport for minor things. The one that most airlines at Eppley used was Standard Aero. Standard did engine maintenance for business jets among other things. http://www.standardaero.com/AboutUs/Con ... ahaNE.aspx However, when you click that link to Standard Aero's website you see that Omaha isn't listed on the left hand menu bar as one of their locations. Furthermore running a reverse trace on the phone number on their page comes back to Tac-Air. Tac-Air claims to have maintenance on-demand which sounds ominous. So I'm not convinced that Standard actually has a presence at Eppley anymore.I know that when signature bought out Elliot they were bringing more maintenance to their FBO so I wouldn't be shocked to learn that minor airline issues go through them.

That said to get back to your question, realistically you need to be a hub. On any given day Omaha sees 10-15 different types of commercial planes. It doesn't make sense for an individual airline to set-up a maintenance operation here, much less make sure there is stock for parts for the 3-5 different types of planes they may fly here on hand*(Southwest excluded). Given the proximity from Omaha to hubs and the frequency that most airlines have flights to and from hubs to Omaha it makes more sense to have the parts/people at the hubs and fly them in if you need them versus paying for redundancy at every outstation. Generally speaking for something minor an airline can have the replacement part flown in within hours. For something major, assuming an available aircraft they can have a spare plane flown in within a few hours more.

Some airports of equivalent size to Eppley or even smaller are maintenance bases for various airlines and regional airlines, but even then a regional airline maintenance base isn't going to have repair parts on hand for an A320 or a 737.

*This gets further complicated when you factor in that regional airlines' i.e. Skywest flying for Alaskan, American, Delta or United maintenance is separate from the ticketed carrier for the flight. Roughly half of Eppley's traffic isn't on the ticketed carrier.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

I know I keep harping on OKC but they really are doing the right things. They don't have OMA's numbers but they are being very proactive. It's a beautiful airport with great amenities and for what it's worth a terrific web site. To plan ahead for possible international service shows real forward thinking.

Take a look at this story in USAToday
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 354083002/

Either they don't know that the customs service doesn't want to provide service to them or it's just about Omaha not deserving such service...
joleo
Home Owners Association

Post by joleo »

NovakOmaha wrote:I know I keep harping on OKC but they really are doing the right things. They don't have OMA's numbers but they are being very proactive. It's a beautiful airport with great amenities and for what it's worth a terrific web site. To plan ahead for possible international service shows real forward thinking.

Take a look at this story in USAToday
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 354083002/

Either they don't know that the customs service doesn't want to provide service to them or it's just about Omaha not deserving such service...
Yes, I have nothing negative to say about OKC and the way they run their airport, it is AMAZING!! Very forward thinking and it can be used as a huge economic development tool. Walk off the plane and if you're like wow, this airport is amazing it can set the stage for an entire stay in the city, this can be huge if you're trying to get a new company in town etc. The full reconstruction of Eppley can't come soon enough!

They even cater to the locals too as a way to get enplanements:
Only $9 per day to park in the covered parking garage that is in front of the terminal!
https://flyokc.com/parking-rates

If anybody has time to check out their website, it is VERY nice!! Eppley should do the same thing!! The Eppley website has been in need to be rebuilt for 10 years! I'm not sure what the hold up is? I sure hope it is finally being worked on? Anybody have the inside scoop on the website and why it hasn't been rebuilt?
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

NovakOmaha wrote:Either they don't know that the customs service doesn't want to provide service to them or it's just about Omaha not deserving such service...
Or it isn't either one of those (and it isn't either one of those).
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Mr.Nuke wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:Either they don't know that the customs service doesn't want to provide service to them or it's just about Omaha not deserving such service...
I would agree with that.. and glad to hear it isn’t :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Mr.Nuke wrote:
I'd like to buy a vowel Alex. So if it isn't one of them what exactly is it?
I mean, I get that they aren't getting international service any time soon & know it and are simply spending now rather than later but still...what's the word?
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

NovakOmaha wrote:
Mr.Nuke wrote:
I'd like to buy a vowel Alex. So if it isn't one of them what exactly is it?
I mean, I get that they aren't getting international service any time soon & know it and are simply spending now rather than later but still...what's the word?
Well the short answer is their situation is basically no different than Omaha's circa 2006 (presumably still) that regardless of what they do there is no guarantee of CBP staffing depending on what you've built or haven't. And that is basically why you see the parsing in their airport director's statements to the effect of hoping to have service years down the road.

The longer answer is to me it doesn't look like they are actually building the FIS anytime soon (this is smart, but we'll come back to it).

So what is OKC doing?

From what I can tell, their master-plan like OMA's demand based. The airport is currently down to one open gate and that has triggered this previously planned 4 gate expansion (the renderings are from 2015 so this has been in the works for awhile despite the recent press). One of these four gates is going to be a larger gate capable of handling wide-body aircraft. The AP article via USA Today that you linked to says "a new gate will be added to the airport that's larger than others at the facility in hopes of someday adding international flights."

That in and of itself doesn't make a lot of sense until you read the 3rd paragraph of the article. Because if it is merely about one day having international service (and lets be honest much like OMA we are basically talking Mexico) you don't need a wide-body gate. No one is going to be flying 777, 787, A-380's into OMA or OKC for scheduled service. Much like Kansas City you'd be talking about narrow-body aircraft like a 737 or A320 flying to Mexico, planes both airports already see. What OKC is doing with that gate and again the 3rd paragraph basically tells us this is building a diversion gate for international traffic from DFW that needs to say sit out a thunderstorm. How much sense this strategy makes is debatable too, because in a thunderstorm delay the goal is still going to be to get the plane to DFW as soon as possible. So I'm not convinced that the majority of the planes in such a scenario would actually want to deplane.

Then he goes onto say, "But we also want to position ourselves to one day be able to handle international arrivals of our own ... even if it is many years down the road," he said.

You have to parse his words, but that quote implies that even with this expansion they wouldn't be in a position to immediately do so. The renderings back this up. http://www.okctalk.com/content.php?r=32 ... -expansion

Below the 4 gate expansion, OKC appears to be "reserving" shell space for an FIS, but not actually building it out. Like I said above, I think this is a smart approach, because it doesn't make sense to invest money in things like equipment that you have no certainty when/if it will be used. It doesn't make sense to actually build out a structure that you don't know if it will be compliant with CBP regulations/guidelines when it will be used either. Lastly it doesn't make sense to build-out and have to maintain an area that isn't going to be used either. That said, it does make sense to potentially have space reserved for it if the situation changes, something I've advocated for Eppley as recently as December here. http://eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f ... IS#p283008

To summarize the situation isn't all that materially different from OMA. They are constructing an expansion in such a way that would facilitate integrating an FIS into their airport if CBP staffing becomes available at a future date. However, just like OMA and plenty of other places in the country right now there is no guarantee of said staffing.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Well that was an amazing explanation. I really enjoy posts here that don't include wishful thinking or opinion, or are at least backed up with fact. You should work in the industry if you don't already.

I understand everything in the post with one exception. I honestly can't remember the name of the airport but I read about one in the last week that was going to have international service. It hadn't in quite a long time.

So, assuming it wasn't a dream and there actually is an airport gaining new international service, what exactly is it that is keeping Omaha and Oklahoma City from being worthy of service to Mexico and/or the Caribbean? Is this political? Financial? What is it?
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Re:

Post by NovakOmaha »

futrecndvlpr wrote:The plan looks nice, but seriously folks, who is going to fill these gates?

There are empty gates in both terminals currently and even the gates that are being rented aren't being to capacity.

I realize this is a long term thing, expanding an airport, but I would suspect maybe around 2010 or 2015, assuming continued traffic growth, we could start to think about beginning the whole terminal expansion process.
Pretty close. Nicely done!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Additional TSA screening coming to Lincoln, Omaha airports
The federally mandated screening will require travelers to remove cellphones and larger electronics, as well as food and some other items, from carry-on bags to be X-rayed separately, the Wall Street Journal has reported.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:Additional TSA screening coming to Lincoln, Omaha airports
The federally mandated screening will require travelers to remove cellphones and larger electronics, as well as food and some other items, from carry-on bags to be X-rayed separately, the Wall Street Journal has reported.
So I have always just put my iPhone in another container and then recently my laptop or iPad - depending on which one i had with me, so not sure what is different.

On a side note, I flew to San Antonio a couple of weeks ago and as usual had to take my boots off at TSA -- and I just put them in a tray BUT when flying back, the TSA agent took them out of the tray and said that the boots should be just laid on conveyor belt --- she said that was suppose to be Standard Procedure.
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

Even food? By 2020 you'll need cavity checks to enter the terminal...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote:she said that was suppose to be Standard Procedure.
Lol, there is nothing standard about the TSA. Every single airport does things different.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Taco wrote:Even food? By 2020 you'll need cavity checks to enter the terminal...
Sadly, we’re likely headed into the cavity check direction, lol...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

I messaged Eppley & asked about February numbers. They replied right away & said it would be soon. Always very nice & quick to respond. I suggested they check out eomahaforums & specifically the eppley forum. They said they've seen it. Sneaky lurkers they....greetings, Eppley sneaky lurkers!
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Feb numbers are up. Thanks sneaky lurkers! Another solid month. United is the only weak link again. Whoever peed on their shoes has to stop.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Ok, fun with numbers time...

As of the end of February year to date Eppley is up 10%. Carry that out and 2018 finishes with 5,073,096.6, which I assume includes a 7 month old baby.

February was up 8.3%, so if 2018 ends up 8.3% the year total would be 4,994,694.198, including a 2 month, week and a half old baby.

Either way it is safe to assume that Eppley either comes close or ends up over 5 million people (with a baby in there somewhere).

One more thing. You Eppley lurkers out there...in January and February the board agenda included items regarding the master plan. It also included an item regarding Southwest Airlines supplemental agreement number 7. My question is this: What's up with the master plan and is supplemental agreement number 7 the one where the number of peanut packages provided to the board meetings is increased when Southwest's boardings cross a certain number?

You know, even though you lurk we can see you....and even if we can't there is that telltale whiff of jet fuel
Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

NovakOmaha wrote:Ok, fun with numbers time...

As of the end of February year to date Eppley is up 10%. Carry that out and 2018 finishes with 5,073,096.6, which I assume includes a 7 month old baby.

February was up 8.3%, so if 2018 ends up 8.3% the year total would be 4,994,694.198, including a 2 month, week and a half old baby.

Either way it is safe to assume that Eppley either comes close or ends up over 5 million people (with a baby in there somewhere).

One more thing. You Eppley lurkers out there...in January and February the board agenda included items regarding the master plan. It also included an item regarding Southwest Airlines supplemental agreement number 7. My question is this: What's up with the master plan and is supplemental agreement number 7 the one where the number of peanut packages provided to the board meetings is increased when Southwest's boardings cross a certain number?

You know, even though you lurk we can see you....and even if we can't there is that telltale whiff of jet fuel
:lol: :lol: :lol:
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

NovakOmaha wrote:You know, even though you lurk we can see you....and even if we can't there is that telltale whiff of jet fuel
I think that maybe somebody has been whiffing the jet fuel a little too much :fruit:
zippy
Home Owners Association

Post by zippy »

NovakOmaha wrote:United is the only weak link again.
I've never liked flying United in the winter. Denver and Chicago are weather-risky connections.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

zippy wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:United is the only weak link again.
I've never liked flying United in the winter. Denver and Chicago are weather-risky connections.
Also I think with their semi-regular PR disasters people could be using other airlines more.
NovakOmaha wrote:Ok, fun with numbers time...

I would hope that with new services being added in the spring/summer that the growth will only accelerate.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

OneJet is obviously a minuscule number compared to all operations, but I find them oddly fascinating. If they fly here and back each business day they are averaging 6.65 people per flight which seems like a pretty strong flight load for them considering they only have 7 seats.

Now if that is even profitable who knows.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

iamjacobm wrote:OneJet is obviously a minuscule number compared to all operations, but I find them oddly fascinating. If they fly here and back each business day they are averaging 6.65 people per flight which seems like a pretty strong flight load for them considering they only have 7 seats.

Where do they fly?
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Louie wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:OneJet is obviously a minuscule number compared to all operations, but I find them oddly fascinating. If they fly here and back each business day they are averaging 6.65 people per flight which seems like a pretty strong flight load for them considering they only have 7 seats.

Where do they fly?
Milwaukee
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Garrett wrote:
Louie wrote:

Where do they fly?
Milwaukee
Interesting...
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

They don't though. They're doing each way twice daily so cut that 6.65 in half.
asherballa
New to the Neighborhood

Post by asherballa »

Omaha is getting an international flight for the first time -- flights to Toronto will begin May 1.

http://www.omaha.com/money/plus/omaha-s ... 6846c.html
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

asherballa wrote:Omaha is getting an international flight for the first time -- flights to Toronto will begin May 1.

Does this story say something new that we didn't know, fancy people?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

OneJet to MKE is done.
http://www.omaha.com/money/onejet-ends- ... f6d0b.html

------
Garrett wrote:
asherballa wrote:Omaha is getting an international flight for the first time -- flights to Toronto will begin May 1.

No and quite frankly it is poorly written. As has been discussed here the timing is pretty poor for international connections (especially Europe) despite what the article contends.
Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

Mr.Nuke wrote:OneJet to MKE is done.
http://www.omaha.com/money/onejet-ends- ... f6d0b.html

------
Garrett wrote:

No and quite frankly it is poorly written. As has been discussed here the timing is pretty poor for international connections (especially Europe) despite what the article contends.
The OWH is super annoying. I’m not paying to read your terrible writing— I read SO MANY newspaper articles from everywhere and never have to pay. Why would I pay the shitty OWH?

Anyway... AC will be adding more flights to Europe and expand on code sharing. I read a while ago that this is all connected in their plan. Connecting regional markets in the US through YYZ with overnight flights to several destinations ... right now it appears LHR has 3 flights leaving YYZ in the evening. I did actually request some information from AC on this back on 3/17.
AC financially is super, super sound... they have issues with customer satisfaction though... prices look pretty good to LHR OMA-YYZ-LHR I have to admit.
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

Ryan Air wrote: Anyway... AC will be adding more flights to Europe and expand on code sharing. I read a while ago that this is all connected in their plan. Connecting regional markets in the US through YYZ with overnight flights to several destinations ... right now it appears LHR has 3 flights leaving YYZ in the evening.
It is still going to be pretty difficult to overcome due to the timing. They changed it by 10 minutes since it was announced, but OMA-YYZ is now departing at 4:20 p.m. arriving in Toronto at 7:40 p.m. The return departs YYZ at 2:20 p.m. and arrives at 3:50 p.m. in OMA. So on the flight to Toronto allowing the minimum connection time of an hour means anything that departs before 8:40 p.m. isn't bookable. By 8:40 p.m. the vast majority of the YYZ-Europe flights have departed. Coming back, it is a similar situation in reverse. The flight is too early. Departing Toronto at 2:20 p.m. means you are limited to the first early morning European departures and early afternoon arrivals to Toronto, again missing a fair chunk of the European flights*.

The only two Air Canada routes that work both ways based on the Omaha timing are FRA and LHR because Air Canada is operating multiple flights on both. You effectively would end up taking the late night departure to London and would fly back on an early morning plane that was an early evening YYZ departure. There are a bunch of routes that work one way or the other, but not both... To one stop based on the OMA timing there needs to be an early and a late flight to the destination with a corresponding early late flight from the destination to YYZ.

Something like the forthcoming AA PHL flights are timed a lot better for European connections, 1:05 pm-4:59 pm OMA-PHL, and PHL-OMA 5:39 pm-7:52 pm. That should allow connections to most if not all of Philadelphia's European flights both ways.

*including all of the return flights for any late night YYZ departure you may be able to take on a connection from the OMA flight i.e. if there is a 10 p.m. YYZ-XYZ flight the XYZ-YYZ return flight isn't getting back to Toronto before 2:20 p.m.
Last edited by Mr.Nuke on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

The World-Herald article also had this gem of a line...
Major Canadian airports such as those in Toronto and Montreal offer what is called U.S. Customs and Border Protection Preclearance, which allows travelers to go through a U.S. customs screening before boarding their flights, Howlett noted. That makes the return trip from an international connection even easier: Travelers can land in Omaha, grab their bags and head home.
No, no it doesn't... Any travel to Eppley from any international connection destination gets to grab their bags and head home.
Ryan Air
Home Owners Association

Post by Ryan Air »

Mr.Nuke wrote:The World-Herald article also had this gem of a line...
Major Canadian airports such as those in Toronto and Montreal offer what is called U.S. Customs and Border Protection Preclearance, which allows travelers to go through a U.S. customs screening before boarding their flights, Howlett noted. That makes the return trip from an international connection even easier: Travelers can land in Omaha, grab their bags and head home.
No, no it doesn't... Any travel to Eppley from any international connection destination gets to grab their bags and head home.
I saw that... I was like “as opposed to roughing the long lines in customs at OMA?”

Again, OWH needs to ask this forum before they run anything relating to Eppley or airline industry. Since they clearly haven’t a clue
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Ryan Air wrote:
Mr.Nuke wrote:The World-Herald article also had this gem of a line...
I saw that... I was like “as opposed to roughing the long lines in customs at OMA?”

Again, OWH needs to ask this forum before they run anything relating to Eppley or airline industry. Since they clearly haven’t a clue
I honestly don't think it's about having a clue, though having one would truly add to their credibility. I think it's about getting a story quick and dirty and cheap. I also believe that whoever wrote the story doesn't care about the subject of the story. It's possible that the assignment editor gave the story to an intern or very low paid underling and they did a quick google search for a bit of info in the 3 minutes they had to get the story done.

I could be wrong but considering prior statements from Buffet that non advertising departments don't create value I doubt I am.