North Omaha Train Photos.

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Allan_Love_Jr
Library Board

North Omaha Train Photos.

Post by Allan_Love_Jr »

I would like to send out a big thank you to a good friend who called me at work to let me know about a UP rock train that was resting on the old Omaha Line up in NE Omaha. What's left of it. The rest of it is defunct. Anyways. I also finally cought the OPPD Switcher too :)
UP 8049 resting on the Old Omaha Line. Crew forgot to switch off their lights. Location.
Redick Ave just off of John P Drive.
And the DPU Unit. Location. North 16th Street & Reagan crossing.
Then I drove back to the north a little and Photographed this local.
Right after that. I went and got myself a soda and took a short drive up north a short to see if I can find out where that new track was that the OPPD uses. Sure enough. There it was just down below the hill. This is along the east side of John P. Drive. Just on the east side of the water treatment plant. Just as I was pulling up. The OPPD switcher was already pulling a string of loaded cars to be unloaded at the plant. This is also the end of the line. As you see. There is a UP unit resting on the end on the line. This part of the line is all new.
OPPD 5000. Does anyone know what model this is? SW1000? SW1200?
Then as they where still shoving their cars back into the plant. I Photographed the UP unit with the North Omaha Bridge in the background.
Standing at this same location the switcher was still shoving their train into the unloader just off to the left of the photo.
And here is the end of the line. Be leave it or not. This line use to go north just a tad before it was abandoned.
The Missouri River off to the left of the UP 5794 rests quietly in the cool shade before another run back to the mines with it's train of empty's.
And that ends this tour for today. Have a Great Holiday everyone. It's BBQ time :D
Allan Love Jr
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

That rock train was dumping rock on the tracks down by Heartland of America Park and Rick's Cafe on Wednesday.  Had a crew of about 6 or 8 working it.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nice Photos Allan!