168 Street between Cornhusker and 360?

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

Question:  What is going on along 168 Street between Cornhusker and 360?  What are the plans?
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

So no one knows anything about 168th street?
Zilla
Library Board

Post by Zilla »

mcarch wrote:Question:  What is going on along 168 Street between Cornhusker and 360?  What are the plans?
Do you mean between Cornhusker and 370?  I don't have any specifics but it certainly looks like they are gearing up to expand 168th St to some extent.  Certainly to add a center lane, if not two lanes in both directions.  They moved the telephone poles further from the street and have leveled off the grass/dirt on one side of the street.
Equal Opportunity Hater.

Proudly oppressing the rest of Omaha with my suburbia lifestyle since 1999.
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

That is about all I know of it as well.  I was just wondering if anyone has seen any exact plans or know exactly what they plan on doing.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The only thing I found was from Nov 24th 2009:
WOWT wrote:Sarpy County announced Tuesday road construction will halt on 168th Street between Highway 370 and Cornhusker Road until spring. The road widening and resurfacing project will be put on hold until April of 2010. The Sarpy County surveyor says it's due to several factors that were not anticipated prior to the construction beginning. There are issues with some of the utilities and the winter weather could interfere.
Here is the bid tab : http://www.sarpy.com/purchasing/bidspec ... dening.pdf
It is Sarpy County project C-77(10-6)A if that helps.