Speed traps ...

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omababe
Planning Board

Speed traps ...

Post by Omababe »

Interesting site:

http://www.trapster.com/

Seems to be spot on regarding the Omaha area traps I've recently seen, particularly those right by the city line on I-80.

They say that you can set it up so your Garmin gets the traps as well.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Re: Speed traps ...

Post by Bosco55David »

Omababe wrote:Interesting site:

http://www.trapster.com/

Seems to be spot on regarding the Omaha area traps I've recently seen, particularly those right by the city line on I-80.

They say that you can set it up so your Garmin gets the traps as well.
Those things work pretty well. A lot of radar detectors are setup these days to access things like this and give warnings when approaching speed traps. Throw in a high quality laser jammer and you're good to go.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Bosco55David wrote: Those things work pretty well. A lot of radar detectors are setup these days to access things like this and give warnings when approaching speed traps. Throw in a high quality laser jammer and you're good to go.
A buddy of mine had something similar to that, even had the jammer built into his license plate, among other things (it was a pretty elaborate setup). It's gotten him out of a whole lot of trouble and his investment has payed dividends over and over and over again.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

S33 wrote:A buddy of mine had something similar to that, even had the jammer built into his license plate, among other things (it was a pretty elaborate setup). It's gotten him out of a whole lot of trouble and his investment has payed dividends over and over and over again.
A friend of mine had about $1000 worth of speed enforcement countermeasures in his Saleen S281. That setup was so well done that Florida Highway Patrol COULD NOT get his car with a laser and the few units that still use radar were ineffective since he had such a good detector in his car. It was quite the sight to see.
Zilla
Library Board

Post by Zilla »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:I found this really sweet iPhone app called "thiefster". As you walk through any store, it hacks into their security camera system and tells you when the cameras are pointed away from you so you can steal and get away with it.
Ohhhhhh, sweet!  Gotta find me that app!!  :;):
Equal Opportunity Hater.

Proudly oppressing the rest of Omaha with my suburbia lifestyle since 1999.