Tesla Service Center

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

Electric Vehicle Fan

Tesla Service Center

Postby Electric Vehicle Fan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Tesla's website shows a list of Stores and Service Centers, both current and upcoming. There is a service center listed for Omaha, NE as "Coming Soon". Any ideas on the location, and how this will improve our city?

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20804
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:25 pm

http://www.teslamotors.com/service/omaha

I know there is at least one Tesla owner on the forum, he may be able to answer this...
Image

User avatar
Uffda
Planning Board
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Omaha

Postby Uffda » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Looks like Mitchell SD is getting a Supercharge

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/ ... ?id=155808

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3825
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Postby Linkin5 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:00 am

South dakota is surprisingly ahead in the alternative fuel game.  There is also a farmer outside of Sioux Falls that invented a hydrogen fuel cell system for cars to run on.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Brad » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Tesla to open Supercharger station in Council Bluffs

http://www.omaha.com/money/tesla-to-ope ... 1d766.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John Schreier / World-Herald News Service wrote:One of Iowa’s first Tesla Supercharger stations will soon be available in Council Bluffs.

As part of its plans for a high-speed nationwide charging network, the California-based electric car manufacturer has built a Supercharger behind T.J. Maxx, 3815 Metro Drive.


John Schreier / World-Herald News Service wrote:A service center also is being planned for Omaha.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

Trips
Home Owners Association
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Trips » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Their early plan from a few years ago was a showroom inside Westroads. There is a law from 2000 that will not allow them to sell in Nebraska that would need to be changed. That is part of the reason that the chargers are circling Nebraska. The service center was mentioned in the 66th and Dodge area. That was two years ago.

I do not expect anything until early 2017 with the Model 3 rolls out. Sorry this is Tesla, late 2017 more likely. Yes I will be an owner of a Model 3 as long as the final product is remotely similar to what has been mentioned.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8936
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:59 am

Saw so many Teslas in Dallas the other day. I guess they probably aren't the rare occurrence down here, I think I have seen one in Omaha.

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby RNcyanide » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:04 am

iamjacobm wrote:Saw so many Teslas in Dallas the other day. I guess they probably aren't the rare occurrence down here, I think I have seen one in Omaha.


I've seen a handful of them here. I've seen two in the MD parking garage at NMH.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Brad » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:31 pm

iamjacobm wrote:I think I have seen one in Omaha.


Here are three from last summer at the Nebraska Science Fest. I think there ended up being 7 or 8 that showed up that day total. The two outside cars are from Omaha, the middle one was from Lincoln. There was another one that showed up later from Omaha. Not sure how many of the 7 or 8 were from Omaha. There was a silver one that the guy drove up from Texas!

Image


RNcyanide wrote:I've seen a handful of them here. I've seen two in the MD parking garage at NMH.


All three that I knew about from Omaha had a UNMC connection.


.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8936
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Kind of off topic, but he city should look into a way to get a couple electric car plug ins in the Old Market. I think a visual show of investment would encourage people to consider electric and it's just kinda cool to see the ports in an urban setting.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Brad » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:46 am

Council Bluffs now has Tesla Charging Stations at Metro Crossing

Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5246
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:50 am

Looks great.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Brad » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:54 am

skinzfan23 wrote:Looks great.


I have another photo I should post. This is only about 1/2 the charging stations. I have a couple that show all of them.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby RNcyanide » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:19 am

These would have looked pretty sharp in Aksarben or MTC.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8936
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:37 am

These are meant for cross country travelers more than local users. You can get over 300 miles on a full charge so you really don't need charging stations for locals.

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2381
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby jessep28 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:43 am

Those charging stations just scream, "vandalize my car if I park here."
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Brad » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:46 am

iamjacobm wrote:These are meant for cross country travelers more than local users. You can get over 300 miles on a full charge so you really don't need charging stations for locals.


I think they are in a great spot. Right next to the interstate. People can pull in, park the car, walk to bunch of places to eat and then get back on the road.

jessep28 wrote:Those charging stations just scream, "vandalize my car if I park here."


Why?
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

Dundeemaha
Library Board
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am
Location: Country Club

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Dundeemaha » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:05 pm

The effect of the illuminated flags in the longer exposure is really cool. I had to do a double take because I thought they had added a new sculpture to that parking lot.

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5246
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Dundeemaha wrote:The effect of the illuminated flags in the longer exposure is really cool. I had to do a double take because I thought they had added a new sculpture to that parking lot.

Thats funny, when I first looked at it, I was thinking the same thing.

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby MTO » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:11 pm

What no canopy? Just kidding I'm excited to have a station in town. I purchased a bunch of Tesla stock so all you guys should order yours today.
15-17, 26, 32

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2092
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:11 pm

With the release of the new Tesla Model 3 yesterday, there was mention that Tesla plans to double their worldwide dealership network from 215 to 441 next year. Maybe an Omaha dealership could be in the cards?


http://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/it-teslas-brand-new-model-3
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

User avatar
Uffda
Planning Board
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Uffda » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:59 am

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:With the release of the new Tesla Model 3 yesterday, there was mention that Tesla plans to double their worldwide dealership network from 215 to 441 next year. Maybe an Omaha dealership could be in the cards?


http://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/it-teslas-brand-new-model-3



Does Nebraska still restrict direct sales car sales.

Tesla to have presence in Omaha, KC; may face legal hurdles in Nebraska

http://siliconprairienews.com/2014/06/t ... -nebraska/

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby MTO » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:38 am

What about Iowa? Just put it in CB then.
15-17, 26, 32

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby daveoma » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:36 pm

I hope they're able to sell cars in Nebraska to encourage competition. It's my understanding that most of their sales are online. I think you should be able to buy anything online...even a car.

Trips
Home Owners Association
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Trips » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:16 am

Tesla has said that they will build Service/Sales centers in all mid sized metro areas by the end of 2017. Omaha is currently on this list but Lincoln is not. They also will be installing superchargers along I-80 by the end of next year. Currently Nebraska, Arkansas and North Dakota are the only states without superchargers.

I was one of the guys standing in line at 4am last Thursday in Kansas City. I would say the crowd of 500+ was 10% Nebraska, 10% Iowa, 20% Arkansas and the other 60% Kansas/Missouri.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6149
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby nebugeater » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:41 am

Trips wrote:Tesla has said that they will build Service/Sales centers in all mid sized metro areas by the end of 2017. Omaha is currently on this list but Lincoln is not. They also will be installing superchargers along I-80 by the end of next year. Currently Nebraska, Arkansas and North Dakota are the only states without superchargers.

I was one of the guys standing in line at 4am last Thursday in Kansas City. I would say the crowd of 500+ was 10% Nebraska, 10% Iowa, 20% Arkansas and the other 60% Kansas/Missouri.


Is that the official name for the chargers that are at Metro Crossing in CB is are the supercharges something else?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Trips
Home Owners Association
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Trips » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:57 am

nebugeater wrote:
Trips wrote:Tesla has said that they will build Service/Sales centers in all mid sized metro areas by the end of 2017. Omaha is currently on this list but Lincoln is not. They also will be installing superchargers along I-80 by the end of next year. Currently Nebraska, Arkansas and North Dakota are the only states without superchargers.

I was one of the guys standing in line at 4am last Thursday in Kansas City. I would say the crowd of 500+ was 10% Nebraska, 10% Iowa, 20% Arkansas and the other 60% Kansas/Missouri.


Is that the official name for the chargers that are at Metro Crossing in CB is are the supercharges something else?


Yes, what Metro Crossing has are Superchargers. They will give you up to 250 miles of charge in 40 minutes at no cost. These are typically located along interstates for cross country driving.

There are also Destination Chargers that are about half that speed. Right now Element in Midtown is the only location in the metro with one. These are typically for hotels and restaurants (Old Market would be a great place for one) They plan on expanding Destination Chargers from 4,000 to 15,000 in the next two years.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Brad » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Did anyone do the math on the Tesla Sales? Big E did...

Big E wrote:Assuming all 135,000 reservations are kept/delivered at the base price of $35,000, that's $4.6 BILLION in sales in 24 hours.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby MTO » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:25 am

Brad wrote:Did anyone do the math on the Tesla Sales? Big E did...

Big E wrote:Assuming all 135,000 reservations are kept/delivered at the base price of $35,000, that's $4.6 BILLION in sales in 24 hours.


Many people did and keep in mind that's $35k and up with options.
15-17, 26, 32

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby MTO » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:40 pm

MTO wrote:
Brad wrote:Did anyone do the math on the Tesla Sales? Big E did...

Big E wrote:Assuming all 135,000 reservations are kept/delivered at the base price of $35,000, that's $4.6 BILLION in sales in 24 hours.


Many people did and keep in mind that's $35k and up with options.


For AWD you'll have to add 5k to that and last I heard they were nearing 300,000 preorders.
15-17, 26, 32

Trips
Home Owners Association
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Trips » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:52 am

I still think it is sad that Nebraska will not let them sell direct here and actually has a yearly EV tax you have to pay. They ended up with 325,000 reservations after the first week for a car that will not be released for two years. Actually they have not even finished designing the car yet.

They expect the average price to be around $42,000 with options. $35k base, $4k AWD, $2.5k Autopilot, $2k-$7k for other options like a larger battery, leather. Top of the line should be around $65k.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6149
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby nebugeater » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Not specific to Tesla but I thought this would be a good place to add this.


Gretna has received a Grant to pay for 50% of an electric car for the city and two charging stations. Both stations will be accessable to the public. One will be near the Gretna city Hall and the other will be on city owned property at the Nebraska Crosssing mall.

This is part of the Nebraska Community Energy Alliance grant program



http://www.omaha.com/sarpy/gretna/city- ... b6dfe.html
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Trips
Home Owners Association
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Trips » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:48 am

From the Tesla Forums it sounds like Nebraska is to much trouble for Tesla. It now sounds like Omaha is out and Council Bluffs is the choice for a Store and Service Center.

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby MTO » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:39 pm

15-17, 26, 32

Candleshoe
Human Relations
Posts: 791
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: Grand Island, NE

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Candleshoe » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:18 am

Grand Island joins the communities of Gothenburg and Ogallala as Tesla charging station communities outside of the Omaha and Lincoln area. Bosselmans Travel Center has put in place 8 Tesla Superchargers.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Brad » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:07 am

Candleshoe wrote:Grand Island joins the communities of Gothenburg and Ogallala as Tesla charging station communities outside of the Omaha and Lincoln area. Bosselmans Travel Center has put in place 8 Tesla Superchargers.


Great news! Its also good to see you back on the forum, thought we were going to send out the search and rescue teams for you.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Uffda
Planning Board
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby Uffda » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:00 am

Tesla building Supercharger station in Sioux Fall

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/b ... 514803001/

Looks like Sioux City is getting one and Des Moines area a second one and another by Shelby IA but no new ones around Omaha

https://www.tesla.com/findus#/bounds/43 ... ebraska%20

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby daveoma » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Uffda wrote:Tesla building Supercharger station in Sioux Fall

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/b ... 514803001/

Looks like Sioux City is getting one and Des Moines area a second one and another by Shelby IA but no new ones around Omaha

https://www.tesla.com/findus#/bounds/43 ... ebraska%20

Maybe Teslas are not selling well in and around Omaha?

bigredmed1
Home Owners Association
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby bigredmed1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:55 pm

daveoma wrote:
Uffda wrote:Tesla building Supercharger station in Sioux Fall

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/b ... 514803001/

Looks like Sioux City is getting one and Des Moines area a second one and another by Shelby IA but no new ones around Omaha

https://www.tesla.com/findus#/bounds/43 ... ebraska%20

Maybe Teslas are not selling well in and around Omaha?


Tesla runs on government subsidies and hipness. Those cities all have power from MidAmerican Energy. They can claim wind power as their main source of electricity. Now, they and all other wind dependent cities burn stuff to make energy to back up these windmills. That is never discussed because it's not cool.

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Tesla Service Center

Postby daveoma » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:39 am

bigredmed1 wrote:
daveoma wrote:
Uffda wrote:Tesla building Supercharger station in Sioux Fall

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/b ... 514803001/

Looks like Sioux City is getting one and Des Moines area a second one and another by Shelby IA but no new ones around Omaha

https://www.tesla.com/findus#/bounds/43 ... ebraska%20

Maybe Teslas are not selling well in and around Omaha?


Tesla runs on government subsidies and hipness. Those cities all have power from MidAmerican Energy. They can claim wind power as their main source of electricity. Now, they and all other wind dependent cities burn stuff to make energy to back up these windmills. That is never discussed because it's not cool.

Or maybe it's popular to support a technology that won't destroy the planet, so we can watch Omaha grow for a few more years.


Return to “Transportation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests