Tesla Service Center

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Electric Vehicle Fan

Tesla Service Center

Post by Electric Vehicle Fan »

Tesla's website shows a list of Stores and Service Centers, both current and upcoming. There is a service center listed for Omaha, NE as "Coming Soon". Any ideas on the location, and how this will improve our city?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

http://www.teslamotors.com/service/omaha

I know there is at least one Tesla owner on the forum, he may be able to answer this...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Looks like Mitchell SD is getting a Supercharge

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/ ... ?id=155808
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

South dakota is surprisingly ahead in the alternative fuel game.  There is also a farmer outside of Sioux Falls that invented a hydrogen fuel cell system for cars to run on.
Brad
City Council

Re: Tesla Service Center

Post by Brad »

Tesla to open Supercharger station in Council Bluffs

http://www.omaha.com/money/tesla-to-ope ... 1d766.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John Schreier / World-Herald News Service wrote:One of Iowa’s first Tesla Supercharger stations will soon be available in Council Bluffs.

As part of its plans for a high-speed nationwide charging network, the California-based electric car manufacturer has built a Supercharger behind T.J. Maxx, 3815 Metro Drive.
John Schreier / World-Herald News Service wrote:A service center also is being planned for Omaha.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Their early plan from a few years ago was a showroom inside Westroads. There is a law from 2000 that will not allow them to sell in Nebraska that would need to be changed. That is part of the reason that the chargers are circling Nebraska. The service center was mentioned in the 66th and Dodge area. That was two years ago.

I do not expect anything until early 2017 with the Model 3 rolls out. Sorry this is Tesla, late 2017 more likely. Yes I will be an owner of a Model 3 as long as the final product is remotely similar to what has been mentioned.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Saw so many Teslas in Dallas the other day. I guess they probably aren't the rare occurrence down here, I think I have seen one in Omaha.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

iamjacobm wrote:Saw so many Teslas in Dallas the other day. I guess they probably aren't the rare occurrence down here, I think I have seen one in Omaha.
I've seen a handful of them here. I've seen two in the MD parking garage at NMH.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:I think I have seen one in Omaha.
Here are three from last summer at the Nebraska Science Fest. I think there ended up being 7 or 8 that showed up that day total. The two outside cars are from Omaha, the middle one was from Lincoln. There was another one that showed up later from Omaha. Not sure how many of the 7 or 8 were from Omaha. There was a silver one that the guy drove up from Texas!

RNcyanide wrote:I've seen a handful of them here. I've seen two in the MD parking garage at NMH.
All three that I knew about from Omaha had a UNMC connection.

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Kind of off topic, but he city should look into a way to get a couple electric car plug ins in the Old Market. I think a visual show of investment would encourage people to consider electric and it's just kinda cool to see the ports in an urban setting.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Council Bluffs now has Tesla Charging Stations at Metro Crossing

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Looks great.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

skinzfan23 wrote:Looks great.
I have another photo I should post. This is only about 1/2 the charging stations. I have a couple that show all of them.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

These would have looked pretty sharp in Aksarben or MTC.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

These are meant for cross country travelers more than local users. You can get over 300 miles on a full charge so you really don't need charging stations for locals.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Those charging stations just scream, "vandalize my car if I park here."
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:These are meant for cross country travelers more than local users. You can get over 300 miles on a full charge so you really don't need charging stations for locals.
I think they are in a great spot. Right next to the interstate. People can pull in, park the car, walk to bunch of places to eat and then get back on the road.
jessep28 wrote:Those charging stations just scream, "vandalize my car if I park here."
Why?
Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Post by Dundeemaha »

The effect of the illuminated flags in the longer exposure is really cool. I had to do a double take because I thought they had added a new sculpture to that parking lot.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Dundeemaha wrote:The effect of the illuminated flags in the longer exposure is really cool. I had to do a double take because I thought they had added a new sculpture to that parking lot.
Thats funny, when I first looked at it, I was thinking the same thing.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

What no canopy? Just kidding I'm excited to have a station in town. I purchased a bunch of Tesla stock so all you guys should order yours today.
15-17, 26, 32
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

With the release of the new Tesla Model 3 yesterday, there was mention that Tesla plans to double their worldwide dealership network from 215 to 441 next year. Maybe an Omaha dealership could be in the cards?

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/electri ... ew-model-3
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:With the release of the new Tesla Model 3 yesterday, there was mention that Tesla plans to double their worldwide dealership network from 215 to 441 next year. Maybe an Omaha dealership could be in the cards?

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/electri ... ew-model-3

Does Nebraska still restrict direct sales car sales.

Tesla to have presence in Omaha, KC; may face legal hurdles in Nebraska

http://siliconprairienews.com/2014/06/t ... -nebraska/
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

What about Iowa? Just put it in CB then.
15-17, 26, 32
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

I hope they're able to sell cars in Nebraska to encourage competition. It's my understanding that most of their sales are online. I think you should be able to buy anything online...even a car.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Tesla has said that they will build Service/Sales centers in all mid sized metro areas by the end of 2017. Omaha is currently on this list but Lincoln is not. They also will be installing superchargers along I-80 by the end of next year. Currently Nebraska, Arkansas and North Dakota are the only states without superchargers.

I was one of the guys standing in line at 4am last Thursday in Kansas City. I would say the crowd of 500+ was 10% Nebraska, 10% Iowa, 20% Arkansas and the other 60% Kansas/Missouri.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Trips wrote:Tesla has said that they will build Service/Sales centers in all mid sized metro areas by the end of 2017. Omaha is currently on this list but Lincoln is not. They also will be installing superchargers along I-80 by the end of next year. Currently Nebraska, Arkansas and North Dakota are the only states without superchargers.

I was one of the guys standing in line at 4am last Thursday in Kansas City. I would say the crowd of 500+ was 10% Nebraska, 10% Iowa, 20% Arkansas and the other 60% Kansas/Missouri.
Is that the official name for the chargers that are at Metro Crossing in CB is are the supercharges something else?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

nebugeater wrote:
Trips wrote:Tesla has said that they will build Service/Sales centers in all mid sized metro areas by the end of 2017. Omaha is currently on this list but Lincoln is not. They also will be installing superchargers along I-80 by the end of next year. Currently Nebraska, Arkansas and North Dakota are the only states without superchargers.

Is that the official name for the chargers that are at Metro Crossing in CB is are the supercharges something else?
Yes, what Metro Crossing has are Superchargers. They will give you up to 250 miles of charge in 40 minutes at no cost. These are typically located along interstates for cross country driving.

There are also Destination Chargers that are about half that speed. Right now Element in Midtown is the only location in the metro with one. These are typically for hotels and restaurants (Old Market would be a great place for one) They plan on expanding Destination Chargers from 4,000 to 15,000 in the next two years.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Did anyone do the math on the Tesla Sales? Big E did...
Big E wrote:Assuming all 135,000 reservations are kept/delivered at the base price of $35,000, that's $4.6 BILLION in sales in 24 hours.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Brad wrote:Did anyone do the math on the Tesla Sales? Big E did...
Big E wrote:Assuming all 135,000 reservations are kept/delivered at the base price of $35,000, that's $4.6 BILLION in sales in 24 hours.
Many people did and keep in mind that's $35k and up with options.
15-17, 26, 32
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

MTO wrote:
Brad wrote:Did anyone do the math on the Tesla Sales? Big E did...
Many people did and keep in mind that's $35k and up with options.
For AWD you'll have to add 5k to that and last I heard they were nearing 300,000 preorders.
15-17, 26, 32
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

I still think it is sad that Nebraska will not let them sell direct here and actually has a yearly EV tax you have to pay. They ended up with 325,000 reservations after the first week for a car that will not be released for two years. Actually they have not even finished designing the car yet.

They expect the average price to be around $42,000 with options. $35k base, $4k AWD, $2.5k Autopilot, $2k-$7k for other options like a larger battery, leather. Top of the line should be around $65k.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Not specific to Tesla but I thought this would be a good place to add this.

Gretna has received a Grant to pay for 50% of an electric car for the city and two charging stations. Both stations will be accessable to the public. One will be near the Gretna city Hall and the other will be on city owned property at the Nebraska Crosssing mall.

This is part of the Nebraska Community Energy Alliance grant program

http://www.omaha.com/sarpy/gretna/city- ... b6dfe.html
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

From the Tesla Forums it sounds like Nebraska is to much trouble for Tesla. It now sounds like Omaha is out and Council Bluffs is the choice for a Store and Service Center.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Alternative Fuel Corridors Designated in Omaha metro area

http://mapacog.org/calendar/news/altern ... aha-metro/
15-17, 26, 32
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

Grand Island joins the communities of Gothenburg and Ogallala as Tesla charging station communities outside of the Omaha and Lincoln area. Bosselmans Travel Center has put in place 8 Tesla Superchargers.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Candleshoe wrote:Grand Island joins the communities of Gothenburg and Ogallala as Tesla charging station communities outside of the Omaha and Lincoln area. Bosselmans Travel Center has put in place 8 Tesla Superchargers.
Great news! Its also good to see you back on the forum, thought we were going to send out the search and rescue teams for you.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Tesla building Supercharger station in Sioux Fall

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/b ... 514803001/

Looks like Sioux City is getting one and Des Moines area a second one and another by Shelby IA but no new ones around Omaha

https://www.tesla.com/findus#/bounds/43 ... ebraska%20
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

Uffda wrote:Tesla building Supercharger station in Sioux Fall

Looks like Sioux City is getting one and Des Moines area a second one and another by Shelby IA but no new ones around Omaha

Maybe Teslas are not selling well in and around Omaha?
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

daveoma wrote:

Tesla runs on government subsidies and hipness. Those cities all have power from MidAmerican Energy. They can claim wind power as their main source of electricity. Now, they and all other wind dependent cities burn stuff to make energy to back up these windmills. That is never discussed because it's not cool.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

bigredmed1 wrote:
daveoma wrote:

Tesla runs on government subsidies and hipness. Those cities all have power from MidAmerican Energy. They can claim wind power as their main source of electricity. Now, they and all other wind dependent cities burn stuff to make energy to back up these windmills. That is never discussed because it's not cool.
Or maybe it's popular to support a technology that won't destroy the planet, so we can watch Omaha grow for a few more years.