Resurfacing Streets

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

cdub
Parks & Recreation

Re: Resurfacing Streets

Post by cdub »

Uffda wrote:
Uffda wrote:

Mine too. » Ida Street from Blair High Road to Irvington Road.

I contacted the mayors office about this piece of road two years ago -- their response was it was the county's -- county's response was -- No it isn't.

Too be honest this needs to be rebuilt not just resurfaced as it has been in bad shape for years with potholes forming in the potholes and the trees taking over the south side ditch.

It is now September and then still haven't touched Ida Street. :shock: :shock: :shock:
The segment of road is shared so unless they cooperate (which they do often) its not going to get done. Its not going to be primary concern for either. You might drive it regularly but not many do. That said, I suppose for a simple resurface, the City could hit the west portion as its all theirs.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

cdub wrote:
Uffda wrote:
Uffda wrote:

Mine too. » Ida Street from Blair High Road to Irvington Road.

I contacted the mayors office about this piece of road two years ago -- their response was it was the county's -- county's response was -- No it isn't.

Too be honest this needs to be rebuilt not just resurfaced as it has been in bad shape for years with potholes forming in the potholes and the trees taking over the south side ditch.

It is now September and then still haven't touched Ida Street. :shock: :shock: :shock:
The segment of road is shared so unless they cooperate (which they do often) its not going to get done. Its not going to be primary concern for either. You might drive it regularly but not many do. That said, I suppose for a simple resurface, the City could hit the west portion as its all theirs.
There actually is quite a bit of traffic on it. The county part is only from Irvington to the small bridge, which is in good shape. The rest is the City's, according to the county and city.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Heard back from the mayors hotline, they're starting this week working at night to resurface. If it's a basic resurface It'll be interesting to see how long it holds up giving the truck traffic it has.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Ida street has been done for a little while now. It's so nice and smooth!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Ida street has been done for a little while now. It's so nice and smooth!

Yep now we will hope it lasts as they didn't do much on the shoulders. It only took about 11 years to fix the problem.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:2020
  • Jones Street: 11th Street to 13th Street $3M

This project will rehabilitate the brick street on Jones Street between 11th Street and 13th Street. This project was identified in the 2006 Historic Cobblestone/Brick Pavement Rehabilitation Study.
Preliminary engineering services in the agenda for this stretch.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Stothert announces 13 Million dollars to be dedicated for road resurfacing
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (100.69 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (118.41 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (92.99 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Post by Dundeemaha »

Resurfacing is the perfect opportunity to add bike lanes and constrict lane widths.

There's a bike lane on 40th that starts at Cuming and goes north. Connect it to Dodge and add a South bound bike lane. Should reduce the rediculous number of people flying by at 45mph.

Too bad Stothert eliminated the privately funded bicycle coordinator position instead of firing the existing one and hiring a new coordinator.