72 and Center

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

72 and Center

Post by Brad »

Anyone know what they are doing at 72nd and Center?

It looks like they are building new exit ramp east of the current (and almost new exit ramp). This would be for Northbound 72nd to exit on to center. Does it have anything to do with the new Think! Building or UNO Arena?
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: 72 and Center

Post by skinzfan23 »

Brad wrote:Anyone know what they are doing at 72nd and Center?

It looks like they are building new exit ramp east of the current (and almost new exit ramp).  This would be for Northbound 72nd to exit on to center.  Does it have anything to do with the new Think! Building or UNO Arena?
I believe so. I saw that last week as well. I remember reading that they were trying to install a traffic light or at least have the ramp match up with the new entrance to the Think building.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

This is what I found from the newspaper article on the building:
Also as part of the West Center Road project, the developer proposes a new, wider access ramp on West Center Road connecting to 72nd Street that would create a four-way intersection with a traffic light at 71st Street east of the existing entrance to the development. The lot currently is accessible only to westbound traffic. City traffic engineer Murthy Koti said there may be more minor tweaks and adjustments to the plan, but the overall concept has been approved.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

cool, thanks!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

That would make sense, since the building is 'moving' east, that whole parking lot would be re coordinated. The west bound entrance alone wouldn't make practical sense, having access from west bound and the 72nd Street off ramp does.

One west turn lane, one east, one into the development...