Blondo St widening

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

ZaEry
New to the Neighborhood

Blondo St widening

Post by ZaEry »

I read in the paper that they are about to start widening Blondo St from Eldorado-155th St. Also just to let people know, I did talk to a traffic engineer and after I made this request he did tell me that there will be a traffic signal on 153rd & Blondo.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Blondo St widening

Post by Coyote »

ZaEry wrote:I read in the paper that they are about to start widening Blondo St from Eldorado-155th St. Also just to let people know, I did talk to a traffic engineer and after I made this request he did tell me that there will be a traffic signal on 153rd & Blondo.
I presume you are talking about Blondo, 155th going east to 135th, not west towards 168th...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:I presume you are talking about Blondo, 155th going east to 135th, not west towards 168th...
I thought its already Widened from 141st to Eldorado Drive (Basically 148th Street). Didn't they do that when they did 144th Street?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:
Coyote wrote:I presume you are talking about Blondo, 155th going east to 135th, not west towards 168th...
I thought its already Widened from 141st to Eldorado Drive (Basically 148th Street).  Didn't they do that when they did 144th Street?
Duh, I knew that.... I was looking on a Google map for reference points... Stupid Google :P
I guess ZeAfry did say from " 155th-Eldorado" I thought 155th was 'Eldorado.'
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:
Brad wrote:
I thought its already Widened from 141st to Eldorado Drive (Basically 148th Street).  Didn't they do that when they did 144th Street?
Duh, I knew that.... I was looking on a Google map for reference points... Stupid Google  :P
Did they go all 5 lanes? I was just trying to think if I have even been on the new part? I know I have been on 144th, but I can't remember if I have been on the Blondo part.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

There is a median before and after 144th on Blondo...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Just talked with someone who lives there, they are probably going to redo the 156th and Blondo intersection with this project, expect a 12-18 month long mess.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

Blondo narrows back down to two lanes at about 150th, in front of Covenant Presbyterian Church on the north side. They're also going to cut part of the hill down that peaks at about 150th.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Coyote wrote:Just talked with someone who lives there, they are probably going to redo the 156th and Blondo intersection with this project, expect a 12-18 month long mess.
I'm pretty sure that intersection is going to done in phase 2, where they widen 156th from Dodge to Corby.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Construction begins Dec 10th, Blondo will be closed for... Months.
blueblood
Home Owners Association

Post by blueblood »

Blondo closed from about 144-154th. Sign now says 156th to close on June 1. Anyone know details of 156th and Blondo in regards to what is actually closing and how long?
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

blueblood wrote:Blondo closed from about 144-154th. Sign now says 156th to close on June 1. Anyone know details of 156th and Blondo in regards to what is actually closing and how long?
I went pass that sign the other day and I got the impression that 156th would be open, but Blondo would be closed on both ends at 156th.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

HR Paperstacks wrote:
blueblood wrote:Blondo closed from about 144-154th. Sign now says 156th to close on June 1. Anyone know details of 156th and Blondo in regards to what is actually closing and how long?
I went pass that sign the other day and I got the impression that 156th would be open, but Blondo would be closed on both ends at 156th.
KETV was going to have an article on some houses getting upset about their traffic patterns here, so it sounded like Blobdo would be a problem avenue for a while.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

Coyote wrote: KETV was going to have an article on some houses getting upset about their traffic patterns here, so it sounded like Blobdo would be a problem avenue for a while.
"Blobdo"? ...do you have a cold? :lol:
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Blondo is now open...
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

Coyote wrote:Blondo is now open...
How's the road? Since they closed the entire thing and rebuilt from the ground up it should be less bumpy than the section from 132nd to 144th, which has tons of misplaced concrete expansion lines, uneven pavement, roughness, etc.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

mcarch wrote:
Coyote wrote:Blondo is now open...
How's the road? Since they closed the entire thing and rebuilt from the ground up it should be less bumpy than the section from 132nd to 144th, which has tons of misplaced concrete expansion lines, uneven pavement, roughness, etc.
Not bad, I was looking mostly at all the landscaping they had to do though...
There will be a serious problem for a while on the WB Blondo... The right lane ends as a turn lane into the future Bright Ideas building. I can see this as being as dangerous as the WB I-80 60th St lane ending as a merge left... People will come down that hill and not notice that they need to merge left until the last moment...
blueblood
Home Owners Association

Post by blueblood »

Am I correct that moving the underground creek under 156th and Blondo to accommodate a bigger intersection is the next phase?